Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thumbs up Family trip to Lopez Island, WA

To disable ads, please log-in.

We were up early on the Wednesday to catch the 9 am ferry as we only had 2 nights on the island and wanted to make the most of it! We spent the 1st day cycling from the ferry to the village then off to our beautiful cabin (Channel View Farm, Lopez)..approx. 12 kms on day one .
    Next day we took off on our bikes to Agate Beach on the south end of the island and then on to Shark Reef and finally back to the village...35 kms on day 2 . Just as we arrived at Shark Reef my son took a wicked tumble over his handle bars and gave himself some lovely road rash and a couple of nasty bruises but Marty from www.bicycleadventures.com came to the rescue with his 1st aid kit and a chocolate bar..always works for a 13 year old!
    Day 3 was spent cycling to Spencers Spit and then on to the ferry..another 12 km.
    This is a great island for cycling! It's the flattest of the San Juan Islands (do not read FLAT!)..loads of cyclists and very bike-friendly!

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Hey great you had a good time on the island.

Hope you still hang out here with us after this first post of yours.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Beautiful! Lopez is my favorite of the San Juan Islands...I regret I wasn't yet a cyclist when I lived in the NW!

That sounds so wonderful! Well except for your son's crash Glad he didn't have any major injuries and that you guys were able to keep on going
    I'm not so lean and mean, but I am large and in charge!

Jamis Citizen 1 Femme

I ride with a group of ladies (Bike chicks) and we do a Lopez get-away every summer. One of the bike chick's sisters has a house on the beach. Just outside the village at the entrance to Fisherman's Bay. We typically cycle Lopez one day and then catch the ferry to San Juan Island or Orcas for another day of riding. Last year I brought my kayak and was able to get some crab for dinner. It is a great place to ride if you ever have the opportunity. Glad you enjoyed the experience!
    We do not take a trip; a trip takes us - John Steinbeck

too bad about your boy but I'm glad it was fun!
    Alison - mama of 2 (8yo and 6yo)
    2009 Independent Fabrication steel Crown Jewel SE
    1995 trek 800 steel MTV