Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

We have a very active bus company here in Minneapolis, so they bring the bike racks to events all the time, along with a bike, so people can try them out and have help. They are always at the State Fair, the Green Expo, the Bike Expo, all kinds of place. And, they even will bring it to your workplace to have set up for people to try for one day. It is pretty sweet.

I've used bike racks on busses all up and down the west coast (U.S.). The very first time I struggled with it; even though the rules clearly say that the driver is not allowed to help you, he got fed up, got out of the bus, and showed me how.

I took a friend on the bus recently; I carried my folding bike onboard, but she was struggling with the rack. The driver was trying to give her verbal directions, but she couldn't hear him. Finally someone waiting at the same stop for the another bus got up and helped her.

I think it's always a little hard the first time, no matter how many times you've watched the video or looked at the diagram; it's just a little different in person.

My thought was along the same line as yours; but why couldn't she have at least directed me what to do? All the same, at least I was able to figure it out on my own...
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Well, guess what a Canadian Arctic city provides buses with bike racks also! : Whitehorse, Yukon.

http://www.city.whitehorse.yk.ca/ind...97D5EE177BA%7D Most definitely North American cycling infrastructure CAN be different from some European cities...because we must adapt to extreme weather conditions.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Progress

My city has recently added bike racks to buses. I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet, as my recumbent would have no hope of fitting. Some time I'll get the Raleigh out and give it a go, just because.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX