Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Anyone doing...?

Is anyone doing any of the following rides:

I think I may do all three -- definitely the Apple Cider and Hilly Hundred. It would be my first time in any of these events.

We've signed up for the Wright Stuff. It will be our first year doing it. The area is beautiful and the hills more than challenging.

We've done several organized rides in the area (Quadrupedal, Dairyland Dare, Autism Ride), but never a full century. Oh, we've done oodles of centuries elsewhere but never a full 100 with Iowa County hills.

The ride is supposed to be really well run and we've been told that unlike the Dairyland Dare, Horribly Hilly, and Insane Terrain, that the route has healthy stretches of flattish so you can catch your breath. Guess we'll find out on the 5th!

I am doing the Apple Cider Century but may just turn it into a metric century for myself and DH since it's kind of a long drive for us. We are staying at Warren Dunes State Park in our RV all weekend. It seems like a neat place to check out. Should be a fun weekend
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

I'm riding the Hilly if my school schedule allows. It will be my first year also.

Not doing the Hilly this year but it's a great ride. One note to remember: The food is great but they feed you this wonderful fried chicken, ice cream lunch RIGHT BEFORE A KILLER CLIMB! Ugggghhhh

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

I signed up for the three rides and have duly noted the perils of eating fried chicken and ice cream during the Hilly Hundred.