Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

How to help my butt, LOL

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK Girls.. I need some advice. Last time during my ride my butt was raw but then I noticed the next few days that everytime I used the restroom, it stung when I peed..Yikes.. so anyways.. My boyfriend told me to wear shorts with nothing underneath.. I don't know if that was a mistake or not.. What do you girls wear down there when you ride?
    "Life is simple... Eat, Sleep, CYCLE."

were you wearing cycling shorts?

they have a padded chamois in them, to cushion the ride. You wear these w/o undies cause if you do, you're likely to have trouble with chafing and stuff.

You might also need to use some "butt balm" of some sort. I've seen recommendations of apply diaper cream to the affected areas. There are others made specifically for cycling.

I'm sure that the other, far more experienced folks will chime in here, but I bought a couple pair of shorts and have had no trouble at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell23
    OK Girls.. I need some advice. Last time during my ride my butt was raw but then I noticed the next few days that everytime I used the restroom, it stung when I peed..Yikes.. so anyways.. My boyfriend told me to wear shorts with nothing underneath.. I don't know if that was a mistake or not.. What do you girls wear down there when you ride?

I wear Sugoi flex shorts and definitely no undies.

nothing between you and your shorts!

rofl - this sounds like a Calvin Klein add:

Nothing comes between me and my shorts!

But if you were wearing cycling shorts - what brand were they?......do you tend towards allergies? Is it possible you are allergic to something in the chamois?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

I get the feeling you are wearing regular shorts, not cycling shorts with a chamois? If so the whole purpose of cycling shorts is to eliminate seams and material that will cause you to chafe. Get a decent pair, Sugoi, Pearl Isumi or Terry cycling shorts and wear them with nothing underneath. You can also buy a chamois cream (Chamois Buuter, Assos Creme, Butt Butter) or use Desitin or Vaseline to help with chafing. Also, a good saddle (see threads on saddles). Makes a big difference!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

I've had that "stings when I pee" thing happen after really long rides, but it's gone in less than 24 hours...I think the urine burns even slightly irritated/chafed skin. I've gotten it after 10 hour runs, too- and it really helps prevent it by keeping all urine off the area during the ride (like if you have to stop to pee in the bushes, dry off carefully) and using lots of Udder Balm down there.

Nanci

I had the sting while peeing thing too until I switched to a saddle with a cutout in it (Terry Butterfly) several years ago. Made all the difference. I test rode a bike a couple of years ago with a no-cutout saddle. Even though I had ridden a century on my bike a few weeks prior, five miles on the no-cutout saddle were murder. I wouldn't trade my cut-out for anything!

Do you have a cutout in your saddle?

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Smile

well, I guess I will stick to no underwear like I did. I guess I will need to borrow my guys cream.. yippee... lol.. I am wearing padded shorts, I will try a different pair though. Maybe I am just lucky and really sensitive
    "Life is simple... Eat, Sleep, CYCLE."

Um... maybe get cream of your own... just in case your man has an infection, double-dips and infection spreads... or vice versa...

Loads of cream, a good chamois, a good seat positioned well .... these things should def reduce/minimise or obliterate discomfort

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

For more discussion see this thread from a couple weeks ago. http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=3777
    "He's really having to dig deeply into the suitcase of courage" Phil Liggett