Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Venus de Miles, anyone?

To disable ads, please log-in.

anybody riding the August 29th Venus de Miles?

http://venusdemiles.com/

I rode the 33 mile the inaugural year, going to ride the 51 mile this year, for those who may not know of it but are in the area, this is a fantastic all-women ride out of Longmont, just north of Boulder, very well run, well organized, and best of all, very encouraging.

Marcy

Considering the 33 mile....but, total Newbie so don't know if I have it in me. A friend of my DH does the Drag Sag....if I do it with my daughter DH sez he'll be a Drag SAG too. We'll see.
    2010 Scatante W-570
    Shimano 105, CS-5700, 10-speed, 12-25T

Havent decided yet. I did the 50 last year. It was fun....Not sure why I'm waffling on committing. I've just done several events on my own already this summer, and will probably spend the money on something I can do with my DH.
    Jenn K
    Centennial, CO
    Love my Fuji!

hey Tawnya and Jennk13, thought I'd post back, see if you rode.

If you didn't.....My friends and I did, I confess I was one of the final finishers, I've been struggling with electrolyte balance, but it was a great day, they brought the food back out of the catering truck where they'd been keeping it cool and said "take two!" Amazing support on the road, tons of encouragement, great seeing all the dads and kids on the side cheering at the start. The Drag Sag was the best, of course. Great moment at the stop in Lyons when a hairy-legged hunk in a kilt and fishnets made his way to the eats and was told by an equally gorgeous bartender: "Hey you know the rules, no food without a skirt!"

But you're right, the rides with the DH hold great value.

No, I didn't ride it this year....don't rememberk what I had planned that weekend.
    Now that I'm doing more racing (this and xc), and routinely get in rides of 30+ each week, I don't know that i'll do many organized rides unless we've got a group of friends we're riding with, or it's challenging like Deer Creek or Triple Bypass. DH wants to build up to a century next year, and I'd live to do more touring style rides like the three day Dickinson Trail ride in South Dakota or Park to Park in Montana. I love those women geared events; so supportive and fun, but I don't have many female friends who rides so i'll stick to coed events that I can do with DH and other friends.
    Glad you had fun! The Drag Sag is awesome!
    Jenn K
    Centennial, CO
    Love my Fuji!

JennK13, definitely ride the Triple Bypass if you can. I did it last year and it was wonderful. The party at the end in Avon is worth the long day in the saddle

Let us all know if you do it - it's an epic ride!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Anyone planning on riding this year? I hadn't considered it but I met a girl at the Rocky Mountain Bike Festival who might've talked me into it...33 mile or maybe (!) 50.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

I could not do it this year because I have a 6 1/2 month old and none of my current bikes are up to the task. Next year, though! I'll be getting a road bike soon.