Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Do you guys know what you're growing in the urine? I would be so careful about the prophylactic use of ABX to prevent UTI's. The urologist you saw, what did he say was the mechanism of infection? Your anatomy?

Has anyone of you with this problem had a negative urine culture and had their physician suggest prophylactic ABX anyway?

To be discreet, both partners are washing well before and peeing after making the human pretzel, right?
    Lookit, grasshopper....

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
    Do you guys know what you're growing in the urine? I would be so careful about the prophylactic use of ABX to prevent UTI's. The urologist you saw, what did he say was the mechanism of infection? Your anatomy?

Has anyone of you with this problem had a negative urine culture and had their physician suggest prophylactic ABX anyway?

To be discreet, both partners are washing well before and peeing after making the human pretzel, right?
    My anatomy is to blame in that I have a short uretha. Yes, we're both clean and I pee both before and after sex. I still got UTIs even with those measures.

Having talked at length about this with my urologist, I'm relatively comfortable taking the antibiotic. It's just one pill with a very narrow spectrum on an as needed basis. I've experienced no side effects from it. I certainly prefer this to getting recurrent UTIs and having to take strong drugs like Cipro to treat them. I likely will try to go off of it at some point to just see what happens, but I'm okay with it for now.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Indy steel- do you happen to remember exactly what the bug was that you grew? And, as a crazy question, perhaps has either you or your partner ever been treated for malaria?
    Lookit, grasshopper....

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
    Indy steel- do you happen to remember exactly what the bug was that you grew? And, as a crazy question, perhaps has either you or your partner ever been treated for malaria?
    No to both questions. I haven't had a UTI since late 2008, so I can't remember what kind of bacteria was present.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Well, no bladder infections for 2 years blows all my medical sleuthing. Good for you, and carry on.
    Lookit, grasshopper....