Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

WTB: 29er or singlespeed parts

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone have any 29er or singlespeed parts that they're looking to clean out? In particular, wheels (geared or SS) and a single crankset are high on the list of must-haves.

I'm also interested in recommendations for new stuff, as this is a new arena for me. This bike will be the antithesis of every other MTB I've owned- rigid, single speed, and 29er

Thanks in advance!

I don't know much about them so I'm speaking through our LBS here, but check out some of the Spot bikes. I was considering getting one and converting to 1x9 (I'm not ready for single-speed yet) and I found the belt-driven bikes pretty intriguing. Rode one around the parking lot at a demo day here about a month ago and I liked it. (However, I had a pretty bad wreck on my own bike the next day and I'm spending my money on the hospital bills instead of the bike).

I don't think they have dealers in DE yet but NJ & PA do.

Good luck!

The frame and fork are on their way I bought a Salsa El Mariachi, and I'm very excited!

I don't have a huge budget for parts right now, so I'm hoping to save money buying lightly-used stuff. Or at least buy good stuff based on recommendations the first time around, instead of buying crap and having to replace it later...

Don't blame ya. I was torn between the salsa mamasita or a kona king kahuna (thank you, home buyer rebate) - but I got nothing for now. Not sure how long til I'm brave enough to ride again. Let us know how you like it once it's all built up!

Dang...those are both really nice bikes! I don't think you can go wrong either way, as long as the fit is good.

I rode my geared FS today, and all I could think was, "I am gonna get my singlespeeding @ss handed to me!" In some ways, maybe that's the idea...but 1 x 9 is definitely the back-up plan!