Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010115.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	11816

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010117.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	11817
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I've found my camera.
    The link didn't seem to work.
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

Quote Originally Posted by kmehrzad View Post
    The link didn't seem to work.
    Same here. What are you getting?!

Oh.
    It worked for me, but that's because it's my wish list

Hold on.

Try this

click on "view in 3-D"
    cool. I wish every product had that .

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Oh.
    It worked for me, but that's because it's my wish list

Hold on.

Try this

click on "view in 3-D"
    cool. I wish every product had that .
    Neato. I considered that one but there were a few too many leaking complaints on Amazon to make me take the plunge. I like that it has a better zoom than mine and of course that it's slimmer. I'll be interested in hearing your experience with it.

It's a beauty!
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

I have that one! In flaming orange

Had to buy something waterproof after I dunked both mobile and camera in the sea last summer.

It's a great camera, but the buttons are a bit small and dinky. When my hands are cold I have trouble turning it on in time to catch, say, a bird on the water. Love that it's waterproof and sturdy, but it's not the sleekest thing around.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I can either post a bunch of pictures or just direct everyone to my gallery. I'll go with the latter. I wish I had taken a picture of my kayak loaded into their boat as I had to leave my car behind on the mainland. That's right, there were no roads where I was. Total tranquility!
    http://onarumagalleries.smugmug.com/...3450325_Z7KbPr

Linky hinky.
    For me, anyway.

That'll teach me to try to do things from my fancy new phone!

Try this: Georgian Bay

Those are with the Canon? Fantastic!
    Except for those baby photos. They were rather frightening.

What is your boat? I would like to upgrade to go on more open-ish water.

Great photos, thank you for sharing them! I would love to try a kayak someday - but I would have to learn how to swim first

Those are straight out of the camera, no retouching done. I'm definitely pleased with the quality. And how cool are the underwater pictures?! I had so much fun dunking the camera without worry.

My boat is a Wilderness Systems Tsunami 135. Seems to be a great compromise between stability for open waters and size for small/narrow rivers and marshes. Not the fastest thing in the world, but it gets the job done.

No need to swim if you stay in the boat!

and wear your pfd. However, You can't count on always staying in the boat - especially in open water.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNo View Post
    Things I learned on my vacation:

1) The camera definitely works better in auto mode.
    2) My PFD is getting held up on my skirt and the high seat back, pushing it up on my shoulders. It sits correctly when I'm standing and would probably be ok without the skirt. I'll have to try sometime.
    3) Water pools in the lap area of my skirt, and starts to drip through after a bit. I must look into ways of better waterproofing it.
    4) I have much to learn about getting out onto a dock without assistance.
    5) I've been some pretty remote places before, but this was a whole new level. It was a town in name only, and only accessible by boat. Very interesting to see how people can live like that.

I have a bunch of pictures to go through. I hope I can find time to get them uploaded, but the soap business is already demanding my attention!
    Put your skirt on first - as high up as you can, and then put your pfd on over it. It shouldn't ride up then. You can also change the high backband on your tsunami to something simpler - wilderness systems builds barcaloungers in for their seats.

As for the spray skirt pooling water - You can try treating it with wash in waterproofer, but that does eventually wear off and you do it again.. basically, it's par for the course. if you want to avoid that, get a neoprene sprayskirt - but those are hot. I use one for the winter when I don't want water seapage. If you have a length of webbing that goes inside of the skirt, tighten that up, and it should push the hard band that goes across teh front of the skirt up, causing it to tent upwards and pool less water.

sounds like an awesome trip.

Your canon takes nice pics. Zen - I'd probably get that panasonic myself if I could justify a new camera. I'm closer to being able to justify one, 'cause the handle pulled off the side of my pentax last week - currently I have a ducttape & rope harness to use to hold it... But I have had the camera for 2-3 years and it's spent a lot of time dangling from that cord in kayaks and in salt water. there was some corrosion around the part that pulled off... So I'll try epoxy'ing it back together and should get in the habit of religiously bathing my camera after taking it into salt water.

Nono - leaking in waterproof gear/electronics is fairly common. Especially when you're taking it into salt water and sand environments. Both of which are extremely corrosive. Sand grit gets into the doors as you open & close your battery compartments or whatever and viola - what was once a waterproof seal is no longer... I usually take all those amazon reviews with a grain of salt/sand - because I have bought several things that people have claimed leaked instantly and am still using them 3 years later. I do keep both my waterproof gps & my waterproof marine radio in waterproof drybags. I have had the gps leak once... but either of those are things that may very well save my life and float once I stick them in a waterproof baggie. I clean all the seals on the rest of my electronics to make sure no sand gets in them and I coat the gaskets with vacuum grease to make sure that if anywater does get in - there's another layer of protection.