Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Women & Mtn Biking Survey

To disable ads, please log-in.

I found this over on mtbr. Thought some might like to check it out. Here's the link: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=636262

Calling all women mountain bikers—let your voices be heard!

Sacred Rides, one of North America’s leading mountain bike adventure companies, is undertaking a comprehensive survey about women and mountain biking. The results of the survey will be shared publicly to help encourage more women to take up mountain biking, and guide the growth of mountain biking and supporting industries.

Please participate in our Women of Mountain Biking survey to share your opinions about why women mountain bike, and what the sport should be doing to better respond to the unique needs of women mountain bikers. To take part, visit http://www.sacredrides.com/womenmtb.

Our goal is for 1000 women to respond – please share your thoughts and share the survey with your friends!
    "I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." Susan B Anthony

asks why women mtn bike, um duh- for the same reasons anyone else does? But we'll see.
    I think it's valid, because not everyone has the same reasons, not at all.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I'd like to see a survey for men with the following for an option:

You got into mountain biking because:
    1) My wife is a mountain biker

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    I'd like to see a survey for men with the following for an option:

You got into mountain biking because:
    1) My wife is a mountain biker

if my husband ever gets into it that will be the reason. i think he gets to anxious riding on roads though to enjoy mountain biking. i still ask him if he wants to go for a ride pretty often.
    Pi - 2010 Luna Orbit / brooks 68 imperial
    Fish - 2009 Marin Bear Valley/ brooks 68
    Trixie - BMX / to be decided

I found the link on bikeforums.net and went to the site. I actually sent a follow-up email to the poster. He is involved in a touring company and they are wondering how to get more women involved in touring. I told him about my North Rim Grand Canyon MTB trip. I loved it but at times wished it was women only because of the logistics of wilderness camping with strange men. Just p'ing in the woods became a real problem - there isn't alot of tree cover at some campsites! I would like to see some more women only MTB trips out there.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

BCIpam- if you ever want to do a women only North Rim trip I am so there, or a women only Sedona trip...
    I hope that someday someone will ask my sons why they got into mountain biking and they respond, because my mom was a mountain biker.
    "I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." Susan B Anthony