Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

an idea for SAG support would be to ask for volunteers across the states. There might be enough TE'ers and relatives that could give you limited SAG support.
    Thanks TE! You pushed me half way over!
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/seagull08/tnguyen

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    I would love to cycle across country. It is big on my bucket list. I've looked at the organized rides - too expensive and the fund raising rides - not sure I could raise the required donations.
    There's a group that I'm seriously considering going with, it's called Wandering Wheels. http://www.wanderingwheels.org/67thCoastToCoast.html Granted the trip is $4,300, starting from San Diego, CA to Brunswick, GA, but when you determine the cost per day and what you get for that price ... experienced leaders and well planned out route, SAG support, indoor overnight accommodations (except for 3 nights), 10 meals per week, I think for first timers such as myself, it'd be a good choice. Something to consider ...

Madscot, thanks for your suggestion. It's certainly worth thinking about.
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    that trip looks GREAT, Kmehzrad!!!
    I wish I could do that, but I can't take off in the last quarter of the school year.
    It sounds like you get a LOT for the money, though- and sag support is a terrific bonus!! If you do it, please let us know, so I can keep them on my radar for the future.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Thanks Kmehrzad. I've saved that link. For some odd reason I want to haul my own gear and camp/hotel it as well. SAG would be great from a safety perspective though.
    We do not take a trip; a trip takes us - John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Thanks Kmehrzad. I've saved that link. For some odd reason I want to haul my own gear and camp/hotel it as well. SAG would be great from a safety perspective though.
    You know what? I've been thinking the same thing (about hauling my own gear, etc.). That way I'd truly be doing this on my own without the 'crutches' so to speak of someone else carrying my gear. I don't want to do it alone, though, so I'm trying to recruit like-minded souls or may consider joining the Adventure Cycling group going x-country.
    Last edited by kmehrzad; 08-29-2010 at 04:26 AM.
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent