Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stp 2010

To disable ads, please log-in.

We usually leave from home, the mass start was too much for us. (we live in Seattle) another hint is to skip the first rest stop if you can, that will put you way out ahead of the masses. And start as early as you can; we know you're not going to sleep well anyway!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

I'm starting early and skipping the mass start (too crazy for me . . . I lived it and don't want to live it again! Almost got wiped out once). And good advice regarding skipping the first rest stop. You can lose a lot of time at the rest stops so mind your minutes when you do stop.

Look for me! I ride a black with gold script Specialized Ruby Expert. White saddle and sort of white bar tape. Needs to be cleaned. What was I thinking . . . white bar tape! It did look pretty on the first ride while it was still white.

I will be carrying my bright green Cycle the WAVE bag on my back, I'm debating whether to wear my 2010 STP jersey or something brighter. I'll probably go with the jersey. I love this year's colors and design. This is only the second stp jersey I've purchased. And I'll have my lucky ankle bracelet around my left ankle. I got it at Glacier National Park.

Say hi when you see me!

Have a great ride, everyone!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by Susan126 View Post
    I'm starting early and skipping the mass start (too crazy for me . . . I lived it and don't want to live it again! Almost got wiped out once). And good advice regarding skipping the first rest stop. You can lose a lot of time at the rest stops so mind your minutes when you do stop.

Look for me! I ride a black with gold script Specialized Ruby Expert. White saddle and sort of white bar tape. Needs to be cleaned. What was I thinking . . . white bar tape! It did look pretty on the first ride while it was still white.

I will be carrying my bright green Cycle the WAVE bag on my back, I'm debating whether to wear my 2010 STP jersey or something brighter. I'll probably go with the jersey. I love this year's colors and design. This is only the second stp jersey I've purchased. And I'll have my lucky ankle bracelet around my left ankle. I got it at Glacier National Park.

Say hi when you see me!
    yeah, Sue, wear that STP Jersey. That will make you stand out in the crowd
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by lauraelmore1033 View Post
    Last year we spent a half an hour stuck on that !@#$#!$ viaduct and it was almost another half an hour to make it the rest of the way. This year the viaduct is closed and I am expecting it to be much worse. I'm almost tempted to drop off the bags the night before and then ride in from magnusen park.

What time did you hit Spanaway, Zoo Zoo? That safeway sounds like a good idea. The offical food stop was passing out mangled wrap thingies that did not agree with my stomach.
    I think it was about 2pm. When I saw the wait lines for food and porta potties at the rest stop, my heart just sank. I happened to hear someone say something about a Safeway close by, and I figured it would be much faster than waiting in line, so I took a chance. Glad I did, and will do the same this year.
    Rodriguez Stellar, probably 2004, purchased previously loved.

Last year i was in Spanaway around 10:00. I wonder if they'll be up and running by then. worth a shot.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Yes! Say hi to me, if any of you see me as well!! I'll be riding my pink and white Orbea with white bar tape. The first day I'll be wearing my white/black Assos shorts with a white/pink/black sleeveless jersey, and the second day I'll be wearing my black Assos shorts with a bright orange sleeveless jersey. I also have lots of tattoos! Good luck everyone!

-Jessica
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big99_1_2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	11587  
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

I'll be wearing a blue hawaiian type jersey with large pink flowers on it--and possibly my green cycle the wave bag as well. My Bike is a white and silver Specialized Tricross. Not sure about the second day. I expect I'll be in a fog anyway

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2012 Trek Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    yeah, Sue, wear that STP Jersey. That will make you stand out in the crowd

hehehehe . . . Yep I will blend right in! But hey I'll have my bright lime green Cycle the WAVE bag on my back! You can't miss that!

VERY IMPORTANT - last minute route change for STP going into Portland

GROUP HEALTH SEATTLE TO PORTLAND
    BICYCLE CLASSIC

JULY 17 & 18, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STP ROUTE CHANGE ALERT!

Due to last-minute construction issues, there will be a NEW route into Portland. We are no longer going over St. John's Bridge. Riders will instead be crossing the Steel Bridge.

The new route will be marked, with extra signage at key turns. The change will affect the last 10 miles of the route. The Steel Bridge is a two-level drawbridge with a separated bicycle and pedestrian lane on the lower level. Event riders should take extra caution when crossing the bridge, and ride slowly and courteously around other users.

We'll be with you on the road to make sure everyone arrives safely in Portland, but please spread the word!
    Rodriguez Stellar, probably 2004, purchased previously loved.

CBC posted the new route here:

New Route into Portland

It looks like we are going to cross over the Steel Bridge into Portland.

I won't be riding STP this year...but just wanted to chime in & send some good vibes to those of you who are. I hope you have great weather, safe riding company, and tailwinds to help you along. I'm looking forward to reading your ride reports next week!
    2010 Pinarello FP7 / Specialized Toupe
    2006 Specialized Ruby Comp / Specialized Toupe
    2005 Trek Fuel EX8 / WTB Deva

I can tell you already it won't be nearly as exciting as, say, a ride report from a 5 pass Death ride finisher!!!

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2012 Trek Mamba

I did it!!!! What a great ride I had yesterday! We started the ride off with a very chilly overcast morning due to a thick marine layer that rolled in over night. I enjoyed all the rest stops . . . great food, well stocked, and friendly people at each and every one of them. I loved the route, although I did not like riding over that dang bridge that crosses over into Oregon (I hate that bridge) but I did like the the last minute route detour over the Steel Bridge (what a neat bridge). I was looking forward to going over the St. John's Bridge but the Steel Bridge was actually pretty neat. The sun finally came out just after Winlock, about mile 121. Once the sun came out it warmed things up nicely.

The last 25 miles were the worst of it. At that point I just wanted it to be over. It seems we always had a headwind (nothing new there!) Met some nice people on the ride. We would ride together for a bit then I would take off or they would take off. My hubby was waiting for me at the end of the ride. It was a zoo but he managed to get a good shot of me crossing the finish line at 7:37 PM on Saturday. I always enjoy the cheers as you come in and the announcer calling out your number! This year was especially nice because it was my first one day ride of the STP! I HAD A GREAT DAY!

Next was shower, food, and drink! Then home to bed! We decided not to stay in Portland the night and drove home. We got back at midnight. I had been up for 21 hours! Sleep came quickly! I feel pretty darn good this morning. My legs are a bit achy but other than that they feel fine. I'll rest today and probably get an easy 10-15 mile spinning ride in tomorrow. I need to rest and recuperate because in 11 days I have to do the RAMROD! Waiting to hear from everyone else!

Vader Ministop at mile 127. Only 25 miles to the Oregon border and 76 miles to the finish line.

Here I am crossing the finish line on Saturday, July 17th. My hubby captured a great shot. He said he was worried but it turned out just fine.

I did it! Now it's time for FOOD and a SHOWER and an ice cold DRINK!

And finally my 1 day patch! I'm proud of this!

Almost forgot my mileage, average speed, and total time . . . . .

Miles: 203.19
    Average speed: 14.7
    Total time: 13.49
    Last edited by Susan126; 07-18-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Yay! Good job - and in one day!