Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Sidi Zephyer shoes & SPD pedals??

To disable ads, please log-in.

I found a great deal on a pair of Sidi Zypher carbon road shoes. I currently ride in Keen commuter sandals, but I know I'll need to upgrade to actual road shoes as I get ready for more centuries and the fall. I can't find any info on the Sidi shoes though. I know you purchase pedal adapters separately, but will they fit SPD pedals? Are these good shoes?

I'm pretty sure you have to buy an adapter for the Zephyrs to make them SPD compatible. The adapters will run you roughly $25.

I've had two pairs of SIDI road shoes, including the predecessor to the Zephyr. They're great shoes--if they fit. SIDIs have a narrow toe box, which doesn't work for everyone.

Is the deal you've found online? I would suggest trying some shoes on if you can at an LBS first. Be prepared to go up a size or two from your street shoes. You want them snug but not tight.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

The Zypher has the "Millenium 3" sole, yes? If so, according to Sidi, their SPD adaptor plates aren't compatible with the sole.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

They are for sale on craigslist for $85, brand new. I called all the local bike shops adn none have the zephyer. Weird since I'm in Houston. I thought I could find everything here.