Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anybody else riding in the Pelotonia!

To disable ads, please log-in.

As the title says, just wondering if any other TE'r is riding. I'm doing the Columbus to Athens leg. Not so much looking forward to the hills. Still have 400 dollars to raise.
    2008 Specialized Globe Sport
    2009 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Pelotonia 2011

Just saw your post ...... half year later~!

Are you in for 2011? I have 3 friends in Athens and back. I'm still on the fence as the amount to raise is so substantial, even for the short routes. Well, I'm still gonna train like I'm in and see how finances look in a couple months. Not hitting the fund raising goal would take a HUGE hit on my credit card.

Pelotonia 2011

OK, I made the commitment, I'm in for Pelotonia 2011. Anyone else??

End cancer research fund raising.

If you can't make the ride but would be so inclined to donate, 100% of funds raised go directly to The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center - James Cancer Hospital & Solove Research Institute ...
    http://www.mypelotonia.org/riders_pr...Start=0&PAGING

PJ
    Pelotonia 2011 Rider #PB0001

Pelotonia

I'm in for the Columbus to Athens ride and this will also be my first century. I've been working out in the gym this winter and now that Ohio has some decent weather I'm on the bike with some nice easy rides (20-30 miles).

I'm open to suggestions for training for a first century. I've checked the TE article about "TITS" .... time in the saddle, it all sounds common sense and just getting on the bike and knowing what your body needs. Anything else that helped you train?

I'm still considering whether to do it again this year. The cost is really high and I think I've tapped out all of my friends and family. If I do it I will probably sign up for the Columbus to Amanda leg and then see how I feel with the possibility of continuing on to Athens. A lot of my decision will be weather dependent and how anemic I am at the time. As far as training I would highly suggest you ride the route from Amanda to Athens at least once. It is really, really hilly. I mean lung collapsing, leg burning, puking hilly. One after the other after the other. Also, under no circumstances should you try to ride this alone. I tried last year and it was torture. I ended up drafting off total strangers just to keep from quitting. That being said it really was an amazing experience to be part of the hugeness of this event and of course the cause was worth the pain.
    2008 Specialized Globe Sport
    2009 Specialized Sequoia Elite