Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

What are you riding?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm going to buy a new CX bike this summer. I've had Redlines for the past 3 seasons but want something lighter ~17lbs or less would be great. Just wondering what everyone else is riding...

I don't yet have a CX bike, but that is the next type of bike on my list--because we have a lot of crappy and unpaved roads, but also to maybe try some racing.

I've been looking at Cannondale's offerings. I've been very happy with my Cdale road bike and I could get a pretty decent bike for the price. Redline is on my list, too. Our favorite shop also carries Salsa and Surly, but they are more $$ and I believe are heavier bikes, too.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I ride a Baron Nightingale CX. (Mine is black.) The owner is a local Seattle guy that I know from my rock-climbing days. He's an active cyclist and hosts some informal cyclocross rides on the weekend. His bikes are semi-custom, which means he designs stock sizes of steel frames (which are built locally) and he installs whatever components you want. Been happy with mine so far and I've put 1,700 miles on it in since March 30th training for the STP. (Hoping to CX race it this fall!)

Upgraded last year to a Blue CXC (XS) with SRAM force. Got it used but in great shape. It's sooooo light, I love it!

I've had a lot of trouble with cross geometry (too long of a top tube). My husband recently surprised me with a woman specific cross frame from Cannondale's pro women's team. As far as I know, it's not available through retail outlets, but it has a geometry that's very similar to my Synapse Femenine. I recently finished the build and love it! I'll have to post pics on my Cannondale Mona Vie.

Im on a redline now that I have modified quite a bit. It is really hard to find cx bikes for 5ft women! However specialized has a new cx line coming out called the Crux. My new frame is coming in a 46cm in Stinky Pink which matches my kit! I will be racing in cat 4 in the US grand prix in Louisville and Ft Collins and hope I have her on the course by then.

Quote Originally Posted by heathkubiak View Post
    Im on a redline now that I have modified quite a bit. It is really hard to find cx bikes for 5ft women! However specialized has a new cx line coming out called the Crux. My new frame is coming in a 46cm in Stinky Pink which matches my kit! I will be racing in cat 4 in the US grand prix in Louisville and Ft Collins and hope I have her on the course by then.
    Jealous! They are already sold out of the pink ones in my size I will be buying an ibis instead.

Oh please dont say that about the stinky...I gave them the credit card and I was assured my 46 would be in within 2 weeks. I didnt buy the xs Ridley x-fire frame because I committed to the Stink! And ya know if it doesnt come in the x-fire will be sold and I will be on my redline for another year!

Quote Originally Posted by heathkubiak View Post
    Oh please dont say that about the stinky...I gave them the credit card and I was assured my 46 would be in within 2 weeks. I didnt buy the xs Ridley x-fire frame because I committed to the Stink! And ya know if it doesnt come in the x-fire will be sold and I will be on my redline for another year!
    Sorry to revive this thread, but I'm looking at getting a Crux frame now and not sure whether to go for the 46cm or the 49cm. Did you get your 46cm after all and if so how do you like it? Weight, handling, toe overlap, etc.?