Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talking Looking for TN (Knoxville/Sevierville) Riders

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi everyone. I'm brand new to the site and to cycling. I'm overweight and I'm hoping to get into shape with cycling among other things. I do have some concerns. First of all, I'm SLOW. Second of all, I don't know a whole lot about the do's and don'ts of cycling. Finally, I'm easily intimidated, so I don't know if a cycling group is for me at this point. I haven't purchased a bike or any gear yet, so any recommendations for a beginner would be great. I've read over lots of the old beginner posts and I've gotten some great info. Just hoping to connect with some folks in my area who can make recommendations, be a riding buddy, mentor, friend, that kind of thing.

Thanks!
    Carla

Hi Carla,
    This is a bit late as I see here, but I'm new to riding so I have also been looking for group rides etc. Look up Knox Revolution. They do several rides a week & it's an all womens group. You may have already found them by now.

Just curious, are there any regular organized rides in Maryville/Blount County? I know this is close to Knoxville, so that may well be the closest option. I am planning on visiting my family this summer or fall and should I be there long enough to need a little bikey break from the relatives...

There are rides that begin at Coulters Bridge on Tuesdays 6:30 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeHN View Post
    There are rides that begin at Coulters Bridge on Tuesdays 6:30 pm.
    I found a route on MapMyRide that goes from Coulters Bridge to Townsend and back - cool! I also noted it crosses the Foothill Parkway I haven't seen the Parkway since I started riding, but I remember driving it - it is quite steep (as well it should be). Of course it just crosses it, doesn't go along it.

Thanks for the tip! Even if I am not there on a Tuesday evening, I can try this route.