Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Andy was very popular, so not so easy to get a good picture of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2181.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	11554  
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I love those Schleck Brothers.
    Next year, next year...
    Agreed!

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Tour Tracker

OK I signed up for it - $30 was way cheaper than changing my cable to digital service, new box, and new fees.... I have NEVER seen the tour before so this was a revelation.

But .... what a time suck! 4 hours last night watching - I think I need to explore this better to see if I can watch highlights for 2 hours or start fast forwarding more.

One problem - after some period of time the feed goes blank and I have to restart the viewing (not restart the computer) and then fast forward to where I think I was while watching. Not sure how to fix that?

In any case I learned a lot about the Tour that I did not know, saw beautiful countryside, and even if I only watch 1/2 of it overall, I think I'll have my money's worth out of the investment.

I have been catching it live online via links on steephill.tv. Sometimes the Eurosport links freeze and I have to go back to the home page and click another link, but hey I am not complaining.

I have been listening online while at work (there's a Yahoo Eurosport live audio feed that is very very very good). The commentators are great and make it very exciting - especially for just an audio portion. Yesterday's stage was great to listen to and today's was fantastic... perhaps because I'm a huge fan of Mark Cavendish and to hear how the train pulled him thru... wow... that was exciting!!!

2011 Pinarello FP2 Ultegra (road)
    2010 Jamis Ventura Comp w/Selle SMP (road bike)
    2007 Fuji Absolute (hybrid)

BTW, I like Chris Horner's blogs about the tour (and all his races).

http://blog.oregonlive.com/horner/index.html

He gives some interesting insights. And you gotta love a guy who eats Snickers bars and Little Debbie brownies while he's racing.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I like Chris and he writes very well. I think I will skip the parts about his eating habits.

Awwww, Cav. I almost cried, too.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    Awwww, Cav. I almost cried, too.
    I wanted to like him. Big George likes him, so there must be something likeable there. But I just don't see it. He needs to grow up.

And Phil and Paul keep saying that if he doesn't think he can win, he doesn't bother to try. This is too anti-Jens for my tastes. And it is not the way to win a green jersey.

I'm rooting for Thor in this race. Also Robbie McEwan -- he's been working hard to come back from injuries and I'd like to see him get some success. He cut his elbow pretty badly in that uber-crash the other day, and I hope that starts to heal better so he can be more competitive. And speaking of healing, I'm really hoping Tyler can improve enough to contest some sprints as the tour progresses.

Gone but not forgotten:

Quote Originally Posted by arielmoon View Post
    I like Chris and he writes very well. I think I will skip the parts about his eating habits.
    I saw the stuff about his preferred race food in a video they shot during the Tour of the Gila last year. It was pretty funny. Lance and Levi had boxes of gels and power bars, Chris had boxes of junk. But it seems to work for him, and he is always smiling...

He also loves burgers. I can do without the brownies and candy, but I'd love to go out for a burger with him someday. I want to take Phil and Paul out for beers, and Chris out for burgers. This is my dream.

Gone but not forgotten:

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I wanted to like him. Big George likes him, so there must be something likeable there. But I just don't see it. He needs to grow up.
    Yeah, I know he's easy to hate, but I love him. He won my heart when he said of himself "I am the most beautiful thing in France." I appreciate his sense of humor. He is immature, but I don't think he's a bad guy. He's got an incredible amount of pressure on him, and doesn't always handle it with the dignity and grace, but other times, he does. I don't think he'll get the Green this year, but no matter. I'm happy watching him win stages and cry getting his trophies. It warms my cockles. I'm such a girlie-girl.

One thing I realize about George this year is just how instrumental he was/is in the many victories his teammates have had. I always knew he was good, but I think he's more important than I ever knew. Because of him, I'm giving Cadel top pick. I never would have thought Cadel stood a chance.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

But .... what a time suck! 4 hours last night watching - I think I need to explore this better to see if I can watch highlights for 2 hours or start fast forwarding more.
    This is my first year since, goodness, a decade? that I haven't watched the Tour (as a result of saying goodbye to cable to save $), and the only thing I don't miss is the loss of 4 hours of my day! It totally sucks you in, and it becomes ritualistic, despite the lance worship/ storyline.
    Coffee, a fresh morning breeze, birds chirping, and up the Alps we go! ...So, careful there. I feel like I am in withdrawal, big time, but maybe I will just give in and get that Versus online service.

Also Robbie McEwan -- he's been working hard to come back from injuries and I'd like to see him get some success. He cut his elbow pretty badly in that uber-crash the other day, and I hope that starts to heal better so he can be more competitive.
    +1. I miss seeing him come out of complete nowhere in the last 100 meters and spin his little body past the best sprinters in the world like they were standing still.

Quote Originally Posted by lunacycles View Post
    +1. I miss seeing him come out of complete nowhere in the last 100 meters and spin his little body past the best sprinters in the world like they were standing still.
    That makes two of us. Robbie would just appear out of thin air and win the sprint. Even on the replays, it's hard to find him until the very end.

I got a giant dose of Cav's immaturity last year at the Tour of Missouri. I watched him walk out of the team trailer before the start of the race, check his bike and start screaming at the mechanics because his tires weren't just right. He really showed his rear and I haven't liked him since. I'm cheering for Thor.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

I can't wait until the mountains.