Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    And Phil and Paul keep saying that if he doesn't think he can win, he doesn't bother to try. This is too anti-Jens for my tastes. And it is not the way to win a green jersey.

I said the same thing to my husband! He won a lot of stages last year but green jersey is "most consistent". So you can't pout and not try for a high placing or intermediate points and win. He will learn, I guess.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Wink fashion fan

Farrar may be back in the race for real in the next week. Can you imagine riding sprints with his injuries?
    Cavendish is mighty talented, but emotional--snarling one moment, crying the next. Must be hard on his team, who really showed their depth yesterday. His lead out train is the best. As much as Cavendish is a tool, his team has such heart that I find yself cheering for him.
    Plus I shallowly like their HTC-Columbia helmets.
    How about those naked guys-? The unfortunately-kitted Footon-Servetto. They keep showing up in the breakaways, probably for advertising their sponsor, but if I were their sponsor, I'd fire the designer.
    Guess evaluating the kits is how I've handled the time-suckage.

Possegal, are you still in France? I am dying to know what color underwear these women are wearing under their polka-dot umbrellas, er um I mean skirts.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/...r-de-france-10

It's pretty clear that anyone standing on the ground near the podium already knows the answer to this question. My money is on red.

OMG and I just noticed the shoes. Not sure how I feel about the hearts.

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

So, I feel really bad for Robbie McEwen. First he gets a bad cut on his elbow in a crash. Then he finds he's allergic to the medicine they gave him to prevent tetanus (he posted that on twitter a day or so ago). Then today this happens.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/...-mishap_127622

He was doing pretty well in the sprints, and now they're not sure he can start tomorrow. Really too bad.

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

There is no fighting in cycling! If you want to fight, play hockey.

Too bad for McEwen. That sucks.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Possegal, are you still in France? I am dying to know what color underwear these women are wearing under their polka-dot umbrellas, er um I mean skirts.
    I am, but we never got that close to the podium. My big regret - I got chatty with our bartender in Rotterdam and he gave me wrist bans for the start and finish lines of the Prologue. But I was meeting a friend from the US who was in Holland visiting her in-laws and so we didn't use them. I will never have that close access again, I am sure of it.

Just makes me determined to come over again soon and follow along for many more stages.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

It's pretty clear that anyone standing on the ground near the podium already knows the answer to this question. My money is on red.

Matching pois rouge undies maybe?
    They are in France, after all!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    There is no fighting in cycling! If you want to fight, play hockey.
    My DVR cut out right as that broke out. What the heck happened?

apparently costa elbowed barredo about 20k back. so barredo went after him. they got fined 400 swiss francs. barredo later apologized to costa.

as to cav, he was very nice when he signed my bicycle at the tour of california. yes he's young and brash and cocky -- how soon we forget -- robbie mcewen was young and brash and very cocky once.

i love the tour. every minute, every day.
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

So, I feel really bad for Robbie McEwen. First he gets a bad cut on his elbow in a crash. Then he finds he's allergic to the medicine they gave him to prevent tetanus (he posted that on twitter a day or so ago). Then today this happens.

He was doing pretty well in the sprints, and now they're not sure he can start tomorrow. Really too bad.
    I just saw on Velonews that he will start today (Saturday.)
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Oh, what a great stage! I really like Chavanel and his genuine happiness at the whole thing. He's been at this for 10 years; he's finally in yellow--twice! Terrific attack and he really stayed out there. It was a good day for the French, and I hope there will be more! It might kinda make up for the soccer debacle, ya' know.

I watch on Eurosport and there's nary a mention of Armstrong. He's just one of many in the peleton. I find it refreshing, but I also wonder what the story is. Seems like Radio Shack isn't doing much of anything so far. Perhaps tomorrow they will show their colors, but with Kloden falling off the back today, I kinda doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Oh, what a great stage! I really like Chavanel and his genuine happiness at the whole thing. He's been at this for 10 years; he's finally in yellow--twice! Terrific attack and he really stayed out there. It was a good day for the French, and I hope there will be more!
    I agree! 2 great rides by Quickstep! Chavanel was really amazing today.

Slacker on wheels.

I like it when the French do well at the Tour.
    'Root, root, root for the home team...'
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

This is cool--pics of the making of the yellow and polka dot bikes that Chavanel and Pineau are riding:

http://picasaweb.google.be/113435145...lvainChavanel#

Slacker on wheels.

I just watched the whole slideshow. That's it...I'm moving to Belgium. Beautiful men, with frites for lunch.

Slacker on wheels.