Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Fizik Vitesse

Fizik Vitesse

To disable ads, please log-in.

Most hated:

Fizik Vitesse Flex Ergonomic Women's Saddle.

It's amazing how I ended up resting on the raised bridge and squishing the girly bits no matter how I tried not to.

I still shudder.

I sent mine back, too. I could have been on a 2x4 for what it was worth.
    Lookit, grasshopper....

Exactly! Actually, a 1 by 4...

But mine came stock on my bike. So I still have the thing sitting on a shelf

You're from Albuquerque? I love that place! Used to live there.

Are we also talking about the Fizik Vitesse Tri saddle? That's what I ride, and I actually don't have too many problems with it. Sometimes on long rides it does start to hurt a little bit, but I guess I just have a problem believing that any saddle is not going to cause a little pain when you're on it for 4+ hours.
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

This is the Fizik Vitesse Flex. Not the tri, as far as I know. And on this one after 15 miles I'm done, and hurt for days.

Wow... okay, yeah I don't have those problems. Mine hurts a little bit on long distance rides like 50+ miles, and as soon as I'm off the seat it's better, but there is a little soreness maybe until the next day and that's it. I wonder how different the Tri is from the Flex. When I was researching seats, I found a lot of positive things about the Tri, that's why I got it.
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

Update.

I need to update this.

I hated the Vitesse so much that when I listed it for sale and another TE'er was interested, I felt guilty collecting the 20 I had asked, so gave it to them for free.

But, now I believe some of my problems were due to poor bike fit. I needed a shorter stem, so my body ended up moving forward of where I was supposed to sit. That is how I landed on the neck of the saddle rather than the sitting area.

So, if you find yourself pushing your body backwards frequently to get on the right part of the saddle, consider that your effective top tube may be too long.

I do need a cutout, and this didn't have one, so it probably would have hurt regardless, but maybe not that much.

Blame the LBS where I bought the bike and stock saddle, they didn't bother to fit me. That caused a lot of pain folks.

Always reminded me of the feeling you get after sticking your tongue on a steel pole in the wintertime.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Three weeks after my initial ride on this saddle and I STILL have a saddle sore on my soft tissue. Yowch!
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

Old post, I know but looking at the updates, I have to comment. I took my Gilles Berthoud off and put my Fizik Vitesse Tri back on and my issues went away, granted my Fizik's is probably at least 3 years old and I think they have altered it since then. My issue was shape and width - Gilles Berthoud was too wide. Sold it to a friend and she loves it. Sit bones, sit bones, sit bones
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Yay for happy sit bones! Just shows you how relative the whole saddle fit thing really is.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

This saddle visibly wounded my girl parts. It was awful