Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: Do you prefer a one-piece or a two-piece swimsuit?

Voters
74. This poll is closed
  • One-piece

46 62.16%
  • Two-piece

28 37.84%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Lately I've been having the hardest time finding a one-piece that will work for workouts -- I'm short waisted so a lot of suits are too long for me.

I'm also a tankini fan. It's nice when you can mix/match separates for fit & color, too!
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Bikini's... I probably haven't worn a one piece since I was a baby. My favorite are the Brazilian cut ones from Victoria's Secret. I have this one, but in a different print, and also with the bandeau top: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...AZZZ&rfnbr=148

It looks like they have long tankini tops, you may want to check out. I like VS because you can mix and match all the pieces to find exactly what fits you the best.
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

My swim suit is a tankini. I bought coordinating board shorts so I could be lazy. If I were actually swimming to work out, I'd want a one-piece.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I prefer tankinis - my proportions are such that it is virtually impossible to find a 1-piece that will fit and I won't wear a bikini.

2 piece for me, bikinis. Like others, i have different proportions and have a difficult time with finding a one piece the fits. My a$$ and thighs are my worse parts, so NO suit is going to conceal that - i like my abs so why not show them off?
    Nike and TYR make some nice, supportive, and not too revealing ones that work well for both workouts and lounging.
    Jenn K
    Centennial, CO
    Love my Fuji!

Quote Originally Posted by NbyNW View Post
    Lately I've been having the hardest time finding a one-piece that will work for workouts -- I'm short waisted so a lot of suits are too long for me.

I'm also a tankini fan. It's nice when you can mix/match separates for fit & color, too!
    NbyNW---Check Dolfin suits. They are cut for folks who are shorter-waisted. The nice thing about Dolfin is that the suits are pretty good quality and not expensive.

I would like that mythical swim suit that would make me feel ok and look basically socially acceptable!

like most i like a one piece for actual swimming and that's all i own. i like tankinis in theory but attractive comfortable swim suits cost so much and i don't swim that often so i just own the one.

Two piece because one pieces get wedgied too easily, and I like air and water on as much skin as possible. Of course, that also means more sun exposure but I just don't like wet bathingsuit on my stomach. Ick!
    I can do five more miles.

I love bikinis, I wish I had a body that did them justice.

-- gnat! (someday?)

Tankinis do not describe the kind of two piece suit I wear. I do not wear bottoms that look like panties. I wear bottoms that have the panties with a skirt attached. I don't know what you would call them, but to me a tankini covers up the midsection more than a bikini, but not the bottom.

I don't wear one-pieces for anything because I don't like to undress to pee.

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    Tankinis do not describe the kind of two piece suit I wear. I do not wear bottoms that look like panties. I wear bottoms that have the panties with a skirt attached. I don't know what you would call them, but to me a tankini covers up the midsection more than a bikini, but not the bottom.

Karen
    It sounds like a skirted bikini.

http://beachpartyswimwear.com/index.php?area=3

I tried to link to one on this page, but the whole page comes up. But you see what I mean. They're very flattering. I'm seeing more and more of them on the beach here.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post

Karen
    This describes the tankini I own, the bottoms have a skirt attached. Perhaps there are different types?

The duathlete speaks- I do not swim for exercise; I only play in the water, lounge at the beach and pool - though sadly, not too much of this either. I have a bikini, a tankini and a one piece. In the last 3 years, I've only worn the bikini.

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    NbyNW---Check Dolfin suits. They are cut for folks who are shorter-waisted. The nice thing about Dolfin is that the suits are pretty good quality and not expensive.
    Thanks, I didn't know that, I will take a look!
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel