Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Really thought I had seen

To disable ads, please log-in.

it all- until today that is....
    I was doing the run portion of my brick workout today along a dead end flat road that is next to a lake - ( at the end of the dead end road there is a path along some railway tracks that leads to a well known ( at least by locals) nudist beach)...( sorry for the huge run on sentence)
    when I noticed a fellow 50ish(fully clothed) getting on his bike- from afar he look uncoordinated, as I got closer it looked like his helmut was on backwards. I ran to the end of the road and turned around and he was still fumbling and once he started to ride it was serpentine down the road.
    I was not running quickly but I was keeping pace with him mainly since he was weaving the full width of the road ( and I was going straight)
    I said to him " I think your helmut is on backwards" he said "maybe it is but as long as it works"- I said "I don't think it will work backwards"- at which point he ran into a parked car- I said I really don't think you should be riding your bike- and he said" at least I'm not driving"- he kept riding and then was faster than me- I yelled at him to stay out of traffic.
    I think he had spent the afternoon at the beach and was loaded, I don't carry a cell phone but I wish I was today! I hope he didn't cause an accident or was hurt himself..I felt helpless- he was an accident waiting to happen
    The cure for anything is salt water;
    sweat, tears or the sea

Isak Dinesen

At least he remembered to put his clothes on.
    And the only person her could have endangered was, for the most part, himself.
    Will he learn a lesson?
    No.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    At least he remembered to put his clothes on.
    And the only person her could have endangered was, for the most part, himself.
    Will he learn a lesson?
    No.
    If he rode out in front of a car, and the car swerved to avoid hitting him and hit a tree or another car or went off an embankment - there's a lot of other people that could have ended up endangered.

Ahem
    for the most part
    check your email
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Is it possible he was just learning to ride a bike and chose a dead end road to practice on? Or was he obviously drunk?
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ahem

check your email
    check yours. Iemailed you back yesterday afternoon.

he was obviously drunk- it was the first hot we we had here in a while and I suspect he was at the beach drinking all afternoon and then decided to ride his bike home- hopefully he did not have far to go...
    The cure for anything is salt water;
    sweat, tears or the sea

Isak Dinesen