Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I'm tall. Best womens jerseys for me?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have trouble with this all the time. I wear a medium generally, but I'm tall (5'9"+) and I have kind of narrow hips. Many women's jerseys aren't long enough for me and no one (especially me) wants to see my post-pregnancy cellulite bulge. Large and XL jerseys are longer, but they're too wide at the bottom and bag across the chest.

Mens smalls work well, but I like so many of the cool womens designs. Any suggestions for brands, styles, maybe manufacturers that make tall sizes? My fav jersey right now is Shebeest Strada.

Your comments are welcome.

Thanks! Roadwrider

The Louis Garneau Breeze jersey is one of the longest I have found, thus far. Although the sleeveless version was much shorter. Odd.

I have a PI Superstar jersey...I think it's an '08 or '09 model--found it for relatively cheap online. That thing is ridiculously long. I am not tall, but I am ALL torso (with squatty legs). I find that a lot of jerseys are too short, but this one goes almost in the opposite direction. It is cut longer in the back and that tail comes down below my tailbone. I've actually thought about selling it, since it tends to catch on my saddle when I start from a standing stop. It runs a little big, too. I normally wear a M, but should have bought this jersey in a small.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I have started to think that mfgr.s don't do any sort of quality control on the length of jerseys.

I agree with malkin--some jerseys from some brands work; others don't.

I'm 6' and should be a large, but always by XL for length.

Some of Voler's work well. I have some that are perfect and I wear a lot; others like TE's Flourishes jersey is long enough, but puts me into contorsions to use the pocket ( http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodTE_602.html ).

This one -- http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodTE_603.html -- works well. I've worn it enough that the white is lacking in whiteness now. Nice summer jersey.

Also, the Smart Wool Ewetopia long-sleeve jersey (sold out, but I'm hoping there will be another in fall) is wonderfully long--both torso and arms. I wear it constantly in cool weather. The short sleeve version is also long enough, but I didn't like the summer weight fabric.

I am long in the torso as well and I have two favorites. A louis Garneau sleeveless jersey and a primal wear men's small. There's nothing worse than those that ride up.

I have this problem too. Since I wear an XL women's anyway I usually just buy men's jerseys. It's sad...I like pink lol.

I've got a long torso, but picked up a fox jersey at REI that's awesome (and sold out now). I'm 5'7" but the XS that I would wear for shoulder width was actually long enough, even in the back.

Also saw a Columbia sleeveless jersey at TJ Maxx last night that was super-long (especially seeing as how everything else that company makes is way too short). It had an extra 5-inch wide hem on the bottom that looked like it would completely cover my hips. I tried to Google it for you but I can't find it online anywhere I'll edit if I come up with it.

I too am long in the torso even though I'm not tall. When I was overweight, I just bought L's. Now that I'm getting smaller, I'm remembering that my torso is abnormally long and it's an issue. Tri tops are the biggest problem!

In general, I've found that Louis Garneau cycling jerseys run longer. I also have had luck with Ibex stuff, but I have not tried their cycling specific jersey, so I don't know for certain that they run long like the rest of their tops. I also have a wool jersey from Swobo that is wonderfully long. It's actually borderline too long! I got it off Steep and Cheap and I LOVE it.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

No I haven't tried TE yet. I guess I'm kinda hesitant to buy online since I've been burned on length so many times (I'm 5'11" and barely fitting into an XL). I can usually find men's jerseys in the size I need on sale and I know they'll be long enough. I'll probably feel like experimenting more when I finally get down to a weight I plan to maintain. One day I'll get my cute pink jersey lol.

Ned Overend's company, Boure', in Colorado - does custom fit cycling clothes. Maybe not pink, but it doesn't hurt to ask! http://www.boure.com/customfit.html Tokie

Some euro brands still serve taller women

Although this thread is fairly stale, for what it's worth, I'll add this:

I find a good fit in more euro brands than US brands. For example, Pearl Izumi, which used to fit me perfectly back in the 1990's, is now far too short. On the other hand, some Louis Garneau and even Castelli fit me well -- but it's hit or miss. The Castelli jackets fit perfectly in a M, but the jersey sizes are all over the place.

For reference, I'm 5'11", and medium build (I usually wear a 6 or 8 in street clothing, but sometimes go up to a 10 in designer lines).

It's really wierd how womens' clothing has shrunk in the US. This definitely isn't the case in Europe (French clothing remains short, like the French themselves, but UK, German, Nordic designers all fit me like custom clothing) -- but who can afford to go to europe to do their shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Although this thread is fairly stale, for what it's worth, I'll add this:

I find a good fit in more euro brands than US brands. For example, Pearl Izumi, which used to fit me perfectly back in the 1990's, is now far too short. On the other hand, some Louis Garneau and even Castelli fit me well -- but it's hit or miss. The Castelli jackets fit perfectly in a M, but the jersey sizes are all over the place.

For reference, I'm 5'11", and medium build (I usually wear a 6 or 8 in street clothing, but sometimes go up to a 10 in designer lines).

It's really wierd how womens' clothing has shrunk in the US. This definitely isn't the case in Europe (French clothing remains short, like the French themselves, but UK, German, Nordic designers all fit me like custom clothing) -- but who can afford to go to europe to do their shopping?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1301034_001_main.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	18363
    I use this brand too. really few things will be convenient for tall people. For myself, I found a brand Louis Garneau. This is not what I dreamed about, but very convenient Look at amazon.com for example here https://www.amazon.com/Louis-Garneau...AR4?th=1&psc=1 or
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005J9CP1E...718d5c75&spLa=
    * (you can try looking for a discount on it at https://seven.deals/deals.really few things will be convenient for tall people. For myself, I found a brand Louis Garneau. This is not what I dreamed about, but very convenient
    Last edited by Emi; 02-18-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Agreed, I really like the euro brands for biking clothing and gear. I plan on biking and camping along the way. After looking at this checklist I decided a few bike extra tall bike jerseys like the Louis Garneau ones would be good for my adventure.