Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: ACL5 Anonymous

ALC5 Anonymous

To disable ads, please log-in.

- Entering big room, lotsa people wearing bike helmets, empty GU packets near the trash can....
    - Facilitator : "You back there. Yeah you, slinking or sliming around the back of the room. C'mon up."
    - Me looking around, "You tawking to me???", pointing finger at self...
    - Fac: "Uh huh...."
    - Me: Slowly making my way up to the front. Looking around nervously. Realizing my jersey, socks, and gloves DO NOT match, d'oh!!!! At least with my mountain bike shoes, my SPD's don't mess up the floor......
    - Fac:"OK, just breathe and introduce yourself."
    - Me: Shaking and stammering, "He-he-helloo, muh-my name is Hill Slug, and I-I-I just signed up f-f-f-or the ALC5."
    - Everyone: "Hello Hill Slug!!!!" The clapping is kinda muffled because of the gloves......
    - Me: Sweating like crazy, gulps down some cytomax and tries to relax. "OK, thanks everyone for that nice welcome. I'm reeeeaaaally nervous about doing this ride, but from what I've heard it's alot of fun and quite rewarding. So, with your support, I think I can do it." Just about knocks down the mic, and returns to the back of the room......"Oh, and can someone please tell me where I can find a red outfit suitable to ride in?????!!!"
    Last edited by Hill Slug; 09-01-2005 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    Ride your ride.

go Hill Slug go....thrift stores are best for that perfect little red dress ;-)

And I know the feeling, when i went to the ride meeting/event that was held in GG park I looked around at all these super-fit people and thought "what the bleep am i doing here?"

But thanks to you gals I rode, well walked some, pedaled, cross trained a little, all...well all but 10 miles, but then when you add back in the miles in and out of camp/rest stops oh heck.....let's just say i completed the ride.

So you can do this thing.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Thanks Trek......I am looking forward to the ride. I'm already getting in the "time in the saddle" mindset...And I'm looking for that perfect little red number......
    Ride your ride.

Yaay! Good for you!

Though I'm as nervous about it as you are! I *wish* I could find a part time job with benefits so that I could get a good ride in every day.

In actuality, I just got 'not hired' for a part time job that I interviewed for three weeks ago...hence the thought of this working part time thing.

Never mind that I hate my job, and it takes away from time on my bike!

Welcome Hill Slug! We can do this!

Hip Hip Hooray for Hill Slug!

Yay! Let's all make sure to look out for each other at the training rides, and on the real thing!

Are there three of us now from up this way? I kind of lost count.

(Hey Coach Trek - how many more shopping days? I just bought a camelback and a bright yellow wind jacket/vest thingy - but now I am on a budget!)

Quote Originally Posted by bikerz
    (Hey Coach Trek - how many more shopping days? I just bought a camelback and a bright yellow wind jacket/vest thingy - but now I am on a budget!)

ROFLMAO on a budget??......in the sport of cycling??? ROFL teeeheee haaahaa hooohooohooohoo......manohmanohmanohmanohman.....did you just make my day!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Hill Slug, I'm nervous and excited, sort of like when I gave birth. I know this is something I have to do and at the same time wonder if I can... My daughter started school this week, so I have to cut 15 minutes from my a.m. ride. But well I'll deal with it by going to the gym at night maybe a few times a week.

The red dress! There is this great retro second hand store near my office, I think I may try to find something sparkly! This place is so cool it even sells old cycling jerseys!

Counting the days, riding the miles, (praying I can loose some weight too)

Quote Originally Posted by Corsairmac
    ROFLMAO on a budget??......in the sport of cycling??? ROFL teeeheee haaahaa hooohooohooohoo......manohmanohmanohmanohman.....did you just make my day!!!
    Veerryy funny CM! Glad to oblige!

I just totalled up how much I have spent on cycling-related purchases this year (I'm not counting the original purchase of the bike and everything I walked out of the bike store with that first day last year) and it is shocking!

As far as shopping goes......Today I just bought some new Armadillo tires - $55....Last year 2,000 miles and ZERO flats. They were the cheapest at Bob's Cyclery in Fair Oaks, for you Sacramento area folks. I need to get a gear bag, so I'll probably head out to the flea market in Roseville. Aaaaannnddd......I just got 7 Performance coupons, $70, so I got some more shoppin' to do ......Probably some nicer shorts....the $20 ones I have definitely need to be replaced....
    Ride your ride.

Hill Slug "I need to get a gear bag, so I'll probably head out to the flea market in Roseville."

Good idea, get a gear bag that doesn't look like all the others. Comment overheard on the ride on the last day, endless sea of black big duffle bags, family member picking up a rider says:

"You said there was a supply list. Did they tell you all to get this same bag?"

make it stand out.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

There are a couple of bags I've been eyeing......One's black covered in red lips/kisses.... And the other is green with lady bugs....I'm leaning towards the lady bugs.....they're cute.....
    Ride your ride.

aw c'mon, EVERYONE had that bag last year
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton