Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: ACL5 Anonymous

Threaded View

ALC5 Anonymous

- Entering big room, lotsa people wearing bike helmets, empty GU packets near the trash can....
    - Facilitator : "You back there. Yeah you, slinking or sliming around the back of the room. C'mon up."
    - Me looking around, "You tawking to me???", pointing finger at self...
    - Fac: "Uh huh...."
    - Me: Slowly making my way up to the front. Looking around nervously. Realizing my jersey, socks, and gloves DO NOT match, d'oh!!!! At least with my mountain bike shoes, my SPD's don't mess up the floor......
    - Fac:"OK, just breathe and introduce yourself."
    - Me: Shaking and stammering, "He-he-helloo, muh-my name is Hill Slug, and I-I-I just signed up f-f-f-or the ALC5."
    - Everyone: "Hello Hill Slug!!!!" The clapping is kinda muffled because of the gloves......
    - Me: Sweating like crazy, gulps down some cytomax and tries to relax. "OK, thanks everyone for that nice welcome. I'm reeeeaaaally nervous about doing this ride, but from what I've heard it's alot of fun and quite rewarding. So, with your support, I think I can do it." Just about knocks down the mic, and returns to the back of the room......"Oh, and can someone please tell me where I can find a red outfit suitable to ride in?????!!!"
    Last edited by Hill Slug; 09-01-2005 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    Ride your ride.