Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by ctdancer View Post
    TrekHawk

I own a 2010 7.3FX, just got it two months ago, I really like the bike, BUT I have already out grown it ! I thought when I bought it, I too would ride less than 10 miles at a time, on and off bike paths, just wanted a newer nicer Hybrid to ride with Hubby occasionally...
    2 months later I've put over 500 miles on it, and am agonizing about what to do next !
    LBS isn't too keen on giving me full trade on it since Ive put so many miles on it already, so my choice is to modify the handle bars, see how I like that, go ahead and take what ever the LBS will give me towards a trek 2.1, or try to sell it out right and keep trying to ride as many bikes as possible ...
    Any way 7.3FX is a really nice bike- the Bontrager saddles are HORRIFIC !, but everything is great- just be very, very sure this style bike is absolutely what you're looking for- I thought I did...evidently lots of others have been disapointed with thier choice of Flat bar over Curly in the long run ...

BBest of luck !
    I think those who know *exactly* what they need when first starting out are in the minority. Originally I thought a comfort bike would be ideal for me, but didn't anticipate getting into riding again as much I did. I'd forgotten how much I'd enjoyed cycling in the past.

Within a few months I was buying a road bike-then a year later a Jamis Coda Sport... (The comfort bike was then sold to a co-worker, but I was grateful for the part it played in the cycling "evolution".) Next thing I knew, a touring bike was following me home. DBF has asked which one I will be selling, but I enjoy riding them all for different reasons.

You shouldn't have trouble selling the 7.3 FX privately if you decide to get a road bike. They are very popular and versatile. Or-you may want to keep it and switch between the two- if that's an option for you.

1990 Univega Alpina/(stock) gel saddle
    2009 Specialized Dolce Elite/BG Lithia saddle
    2009 Jamis Coda Sport/Selle Royale Respiro saddle
    2010 Jamis Aurora/Jamis Touring Sport saddle

Quote Originally Posted by ctdancer View Post
    TrekHawk

...evidently lots of others have been disapointed with thier choice of Flat bar over Curly in the long run ...

BBest of luck !
    Then there are those like me who spend large amounts of money to convert from curly bars to flat riser bars

But then again, I am an odd person You don't have to have road bars to put on long distances, but of course the bike has to fit you and you need to be comfortable with it.

My 7.6 is a nice little road bike with flat bars and she does a pretty good job - though that is a little higher up the 7 FX series than you were asking about. (It isn't her fault that The Wanderer (LHT) fits me better - but I will eventually have her re-fit.)
    Last edited by Catrin; 07-14-2010 at 03:06 PM.