Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MS 150 - Now I'm riding for me.......

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi ladies. I've been having a helluva week. I was diagnosed with MS yesterday.

After I left the neurologist's office, I stopped by the NMSS office in town and talked to a lady there for a long time. She listened and answered my questions, handed me a tissue for my tears, assured me that I'm not alone, and gave me a lot of information about this disease. I went into the office shellshocked. I left it feeling like I'm going to be okay. And my husband will be okay. We may have to make some adjustments along the way, but we'll survive this.

That is why I'm riding to raise money for this organization. Because it is made of ordinary people doing extraordinary things like listening and giving hope to people like me who feel like they've just been suckerpunched.

My husband and I, along with several people that I work with, have been preparing to participate in the MS 150 - Ride to Jack and Back. If anyone is interested in sponsoring me, here's the link to my page:
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org//TN...MS120051001JAC

Will you help? Any amount you can donate will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

What a shock !

All of my thoughts are with you Geochick. I know you will not only be okay, but strong too.

Big hugs (and cookies)

((geo)) my thoughts and prayers go out to you hun! I can't even imagine what must've gone through your mind when you heard the news. How wonderful to have meet such a kind and understanding person at the NMSS office.

when is your ride?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

It wasn't completely unexpected, but it was still definitely a blow.

Thanks for your words of encouragement and I'm pretty sure I'll be needing lots of hugs AND cookies.....

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    when is your ride?

October 1 and 2.

Geochick, August 25, 2005 was THE day for me and Oct 1 is my birthday so you'll be riding double for me.

You've probably seen all the activity going on with the Amici Veloci jerseys? This is how it all started. I was diagnosed, was going through a terrible period getting used to the DX and the drug, and turned to this group. I decided that I wanted to ride the Top Hat Classic out here in California and all of a sudden this group* said "we want to ride with you!" I'm now sitting here in tears thinking about what the last year has been like because of them.

I've ridden more hills than I thought I ever would, started racing short time trials, ridden more centuries than usual, and made some wonderful friends. Some ride with me in body and some in spirit, and I'm a better person because of them. They helped me persevere through a dark time.

Hang in there and PM me if you want. If you send me your address, I'll send you some of the Amici Veloci temp tattoos we all wore for the ride. Most of all STAY POSITVE. I know, easier said than done. I'll be thinking of you.

SadieKate

*Amici Veloci team riders at the Top Hat: Captain Jobob, Snapdragen, aka_Kim, Veronica and Adventure Girl. OK, jobob, slap me upside the head because I probably forgot someone.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 08-31-2005 at 12:37 PM.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

when does registration open up for the 2006 Top Hat?

I couldn't do it in 2004 because my Dad had just died, couldn't do it in 2005 because we had the memorial service/picnic the year later (that's traditional since I'm Jewish that the service is a year later, although nothing else about the service including that it was a picnic was traditional).

Not to be macabre or anything but everyone in the family looks fine so far so I'll pencil it in
    Last edited by Trek420; 08-31-2005 at 12:55 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420
    when does registration open up for the 2006 Top Hat?
    Don't know. It took them forever to get it up on the web last year. The ride itself was April 30th. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/MSBike-California.asp

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    Amici Veloci team riders at the Top Hat: Captain Jobob, Snapdragen, aka_Kim, Veronica and Adventure Girl. OK, jobob, slap me upside the head because I probably forgot someone.
    Can I do the slapping? There were actually 7 TE members on the Top Hat team. Missing from the list... Petunia and, uh... SadieKate

Oh... and ON TOPIC, geochick, stay strong and positive!

Quote Originally Posted by Adventure Girl
    Can I do the slapping? There were actually 7 TE members on the Top Hat team. Missing from the list... Petunia and, uh... SadieKate
    Well, Petunia signed up after the fact. You gals were the core rah-rah girls! I've still got the pom-poms though they are a little worse for wear. Jason decided that he and a friend's little girl would use them as wigs during the Davis Crit.

((((Geo)))) Big hugs for you! Keep your spirits up and know that you're getting tons of positive vibes sent your way.

Electra Townie 7D

Geochick, I've done MS rides myself and my husband and I walk every year. His sister has MS. My thoughts and prayers to you and I'll see what I can do about sponsoring you, too.

{{{geochick}}} Virtual Tim Tams (they're chocky bickies/cookies) to you.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

oooh, cookies, me too.

geochick {{{hugs}}}and Virtual cookwees (they're cookies you can only get in Hawaii, very good, very crisp.)
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/