Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: WTB Deva

WTB Deva

To disable ads, please log-in.

I decided to give it another chance. After a couple of long rides I've discovered that I really do like this saddle. Not as comfy as my B-67, but better than anything else I tried. I'm not at all sore after this evening's ride. I think it'll stay on the mtb.

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

So I've now done several longer rides on this saddle and I'm loving it. Not quite as wonderful as my Brooks, but no issues. I like the minimal nose and flat platform for sitbones. Enough padding to absorb bumps. Not too much. The channnel works much better for me than a cutout. If you're looking for a minimalist saddle for a MTB, you should give this one a try.

Deb

Thasnks for the update Bh biker. I borrowed an OEM version from a friend of mine and I agree the flat back and firm-but-not-too firm padding make this a pretty good saddle.

'09 Trek 7.3 FX hybrid / Jett 155mm
    '09 Cervelo P3 TT / looking
    '11 Cervelo S3 road / Selle Royal Seta 155mm
    Ischial tuberosities: 140mm center to center

I haven't come across many people that like this saddle but I love it. Nice, firm support for my sitbones and a good shape for my body type. I haven't tried one on my mountain bike but have outfitted all three of my road bikes with one.
    2004 Colnago Chic - WTB Deva
    2008 Blue RC7 - WTB Deva
    2009 Colnago Master X-lite - WTB Deva

I'm so annoyed! I'm building up my old hardtail Gary Fisher as a winter commuter. They don't sell the chromoly railed version of this saddle anymore. I didn't want to spend a ton on a saddle for this bike. I finally found one at a closeout. Just when I decide I like something, they "new and improve" it to death. Ti rails are nice, but...

Deb

I have the ti version. It's a couple of years old. I bought this saddle because I liked it but I found out later I need a T shaped saddle and this saddle is too pear shaped for me. If you're interested, I have 2 brand new saddles still in the box. I also have a used one also ti.

BTW, I'm coming to Custer this weekend for the Mickelson Trail Trek. Are you nearby?

We live in Rapid City, so yes, we're close to the Mickelson. My avatar picture was taken 2 weeks ago on the Mick, near Deadwood. It's beautiful this time of year.

Deb

BTW, I was raised in Lakewood, CO. I went to Green Mountain High School, lots of years ago.

Are you going to do the ride. We enjoyed it so much last year we decided to do it again this year.

Do you think you'd be interested in one of these saddles? I pd $140 (ouch) for them but I wouldn't expect to get that much. They're not doing me any good in the basement and I can't use them. I don't see a date but they're probably 07 or 08.

We're staying in Hill City for a couple of days after the ride. Do you have any good hiking trails you can recommend?

I'm in Southern Gables, right above the Bear Creek.

Here's a great link with trail information:
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...rest-%20Hiking
    We like the Centennial Trail, in all its various loops. Some parts are better maintained than others — more important for biking than hiking. We probably won't do the Mickelson Trail Trek. I like quiet. DH and I like to go when the trail is less likely to be crowded. If we didn't live here, the Trail Trek would be more tempting. We do parts of it as we have time on the weekends. I've never ridden the whole trail end-to-end in one ride. Enjoy your time in the Hills. Hill City is one of my favorite places. Depending on your feelings about German food, you should go to the Alpine Inn for lunch!

Deb
    PS If you still have a saddle left later in the year, I'd be interested. I can't really spend any more right now.

Thanks for the link. I was worried about the trail being to crowded but last year it wasn't bad as people tend to spread out pretty quickly. All the shuttling is a little inconvenient but the organization is good and it's the only way to do the whole trail at once.

I'll probably still have the saddles as I'm not actively working on selling them. I had forgotten about them until you posted about them. I'm willing to sell them for the price of the chromoly saddle.

What's the weather look like? We understand high's in the 60's and a chance of rain.

Highs in the 50s & 60s, 20% chance of showers (at least that's what they're saying now). Weather Underground tends to be pretty accurate. It's kind of our standard forecast for fall. Bring rain gear. It'll be cooler at night (probably 40s) and in the morning.

Harney Peak is a local favorite for hiking.

Deb