Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I use Chamois Buttr. It make a world of difference. Some lubes even have products in there than help fight bacteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Uforia View Post
    Does it wear off after a few miles, or, how long does an application last?

Read a great tip somewhere: put a glob of whatever you use in a snack size zip-lock. When you stop to refresh, open bag, turn inside out and apply without getting hands greasy. I stuffed a few baggies in my shirt back pocket. Worked wonderfully -- and made ALL the difference in my comfort!!
    This is really pretty genius!!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by Uforia View Post
    Does it wear off after a few miles, or, how long does an application last?

Read a great tip somewhere: put a glob of whatever you use in a snack size zip-lock. When you stop to refresh, open bag, turn inside out and apply without getting hands greasy. I stuffed a few baggies in my shirt back pocket. Worked wonderfully -- and made ALL the difference in my comfort!!
    I agree, why haven't I thought of this before? Excellent idea!! Especially for touring.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

I like the ziplock bag idea. Thanks for sharing it.

I have posted this method many times over the years. Easier and cheaper to use fold-lock-top sandwich bags. I make up 4-5 at a time, put the packets in another sandwich baggie for protection, and keep a couple in my handlebar bag, or in a zip lock along with some Advil, a little money, etc. in my jersey pocket.
    Martha
    Work hard, be nice.
    Read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Curious...has anyone ever made their own? I have ideas of what I would put in it if I made some...the trick is figuring out quantities of individual ingredients. So many things I could purchase at my local health food store or online. I'm guessing I'd want to fridge what wouldn't fit in a smallish-tub. Are there preservatives that would be skin-friendly?
    I make butters and creams for my business unrelated to cycling.... that I have started to use when riding and they work well, but I've never used a commercial one so couldn't compare! Admittedly, I started off using my healing salve for skin irritations and bruising AFTER rides on my tender parts and sun burns, and progressed to actually slathering myself up before a ride.

Ingredients for butter: virgin coconut oil, unrefined shea butter, unrefined cocoa butter, beeswax.

Ingredients for healing salve: (this is off the top of my head) Calendula, Arnica, coconut oil, beeswax, jojoba, essential oils I could not remember them all off hand but it smells delicious and they were the healing ones like lavender, a little clove, geranium, tea tree and a few others.

Very simple to DIY and fun too, if you like to make things.