Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

A little known secret

To disable ads, please log-in.

about saddles my bike builder told me.

Get a men's saddle, period. He talked me into getting a men's version of the Terry "Fly" saddle I really, really, really wanted for my bike as I had one on my other bike and loved it.

Reluctantly I got the one he suggested and after the initial break-in period I found it to be absolutely the most comfortable saddle ever! The one he suggested is the Terry Liberator Ti-Race MEN'S saddle.

So my point as well as his is don't be afraid to try the men's fit sometimes it's the best fit. Those darn men seem to know stuff about stuff and what do I know, eh?
    Life is like a 10 speed bike, we all have gears we never use.
    Charles Schultz

"The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community."Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Still, I'd take women riders' saddle recommendations over a man's any day. I don't care how many bikes he's built- he still has a man's rear end. Let him ride 1000 miles on my butt before he suggests a saddle to me. (did I really say that?) lol!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    Still, I'd take women riders' saddle recommendations over a man's any day. I don't care how many bikes he's built- he still has a man's rear end. Let him ride 1000 miles on my butt before he suggests a saddle to me. (did I really say that?) lol!

LMAO! Yeah that pretty much sums it up! Now I feel so stupid for listening to him.......he,hee guess what works for one person will not always work for another.

*did you really say that?* LOL yeah girl you sure have some gonads!
    Life is like a 10 speed bike, we all have gears we never use.
    Charles Schultz

"The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community."Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

Just wanted everyone to know I just put my 2009 Specialized Toupe Gel 155 on E-bay if anyone is interested. My butt just doesn't work with Specialized saddles I guess. I will let you all know how the Selle Italia Turbomatic works out when I get it
    2005? Storck Senario cd 1.0 with SRAM Force, Specialized Romin Comp Gel 155 saddle
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

I got my Selle Italia Turbomatic

Well I got my Selle Italia Turbomatic Gel Flow Team Edition carbon and it looks awesome.........but it won't fit my seatpost on my Cannondale Synapse
    I didn't realize that the carbon rails wouldn't fit the clamps on the side of my seatpost. From what my guy at the LBS said a lot of people have that problem when they buy carbon rail seats. I guess I will have to wait and try it on one I am building up. Needless to say I am very bummed
    2005? Storck Senario cd 1.0 with SRAM Force, Specialized Romin Comp Gel 155 saddle
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

What kind of seaport does it need? I've been hankering after a microadjustable one anyway...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    What kind of seaport does it need? I've been hankering after a microadjustable one anyway...
    It needs hardware that clamps down from the top of the rails not on the sides (like mine) because the rails aren't circular. My husband got to put it on his bike for our ride tonight and he said it was very comfortable. I will have to wait until next week when I get my beater bike put together to try it.....if I like it it will go on my Storck that we are building over the winter.
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK