Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Two Horses, Five Cars, and a Bike...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Okay, some of you may know I am knew to clipless pedals. I have put in only about 50 miles on mine so far after a bad set of accidents on Monday morning. Today I went out for a noon time ride past my elementary school (which is part of my normal 10 mile route). Well, I am about to unclip coming up to the stop on top of a hill.

Problem is, the car in front of me is slowly inching an swerves. I cannot see much. Unfortunately, I start to see two horses on the SIDEWALK (more on this in a moment). Car SLAMS to a stop and so do I. No time to unclip. Thankfully, my clips probably saved me from landing on the car in front of me. My back wheel flipped up. I landed awkwardly, but I really was okay. I miraculously was able to skid, unclip, and end up with little more than a scrape on my shin. I was very, very lucky.

None of the cars move. One horse is now in the intersection, fighting the rider, rearing, and skidding on the pavement. The other is on the sidewalk with his head caught in a clip on a telephone pole. I yell at everyone to STAY STILL until both horses are under control because if one of them spooks further, I am in the worst position.

Finally, the two idiots get themselves together and leave. They do not check their horses for injuries and continue on the SIDEWALK. Great, right? No apologies. Then again, these people have a history of being idiotic. They ride in the city and have been written up a number of times. No helmets. They also ride their bikes with a complete and utter disregard for traffic laws - no helmets - and pony their horses off of their bikes (ie lead them while riding a bike). I showed horses for 12 years and their children do, too, so I could go on and on, but someone could have been seriously injured if not KILLED.

Horses DO NOT belong in the city and they CERTAINLY do not belong on the sidewalk!

Wow, that is quite a story. Do you wish you'd gotten pictures? I guess you are just grateful you got out of there mostly unharmed!

I wish I had now. My mother will pee her pants when I tell her later. These people really are weird. They believe God alone will protect their heads. They have about a million children and are as close to Amish as possible. It's a miracle they have all survived.

I couldn't make this stuff up.

I would have called the cops if they didn't think their riding through town was so dang cuyyyyuuuute.