Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Swimovate Pool Mate

To disable ads, please log-in.

So...I'm intrigued by this little gadget since I do appear to be totally incapable of counting laps. It supposedly auto-counts laps, and keeps track of average stroke counts. Anyone have one? Anyone seen any good reviews? Any plans for TE to carry it? Inquiring minds want to know (and apparently want more gadgets....).
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

This thing looks awesome! Provided it works as advertised.

No reviews on Amazon for it, and it looks like there's an Oregon Scientific model that does similar things, but also no reviews. Very intriguing.

There are a few mentions of it here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/03/s...2010-race.html

With a promised full review. I really hope he'll do a review - he's very thorough.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I think I've seen some posts on BT about it. If I recall correctly, they say it's great for laps but not always accurate for stroke count (I assume that is individual depending on how one swims/turns?).

Honestly, if you want to save some bucks, buy thing thing.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/4028.htm

I have the Chrono100 that also has a timer since my pool has no clock, but the lap count part is my favorite feature. I suck at counting - even after swimming for 6 months now. I even sucked at hitting the lap button on my watch (plus that requires two hands). This thing? Piece of cake! You wear it on your index finger and hit the button with your thumb (same hand). I can even do it while holding onto the wall with that hand (if necessary). The display is clear enough to read (with my aging eyes!) even with goggles on (and underwater). Seriously, this is easily the best $40 I've spent yet on swim gear ($25 for just the counter).
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom