Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

thanks!

To disable ads, please log-in.

...for your contributions. This has been fun to read. They're all great tips. Here's mine:

My husband kept telling me to go out to our local weekly group ride, but I was too intimidated. (Around 100 people show up each week, and break up into three groups, two of which do practice races.) Anyway, I finally went at the end of last summer, met some WOMEN to ride with, and have been riding a lot ever since. Five of us have become regular riding buddies, and that has made a huge difference. I can almost always find someone to ride with me. (And we still do the weekly group ride, as well.)

So, if there's a group ride like that near you, try it. It's a great way to meet other cyclists who go your speed.

Best advice was to get a bike that suits my needs & go clipless, closely followed by joining a cycling club.

I'd been riding solo for *years* and finally decided to join a club after being told, "That's where all the strong riders are." SO true. On the roads riding solo, I'd play the catch-up-pass game with every rider I spotted in front of me. Then I joined a club, and have gotten dropped on the hills so many times now that I am used to it. VERY humbling, but EXCELLENT experience. I've become ALOT stronger for it and have developed better technique. I've also become significantly more safety conscious as well. I don't run as many stopsigns or red lights anymore, and I am ALOT more conscious of other riders nearby.