Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: What are your favorite cycling shorts?

Voters
107. This poll is closed
  • Castelli Vizio Due Short

0 0%
  • Castelli Irresistible Short

0 0%
  • Castelli Women's Truly Free Short

1 0.93%
  • Descente Bliss Short

2 1.87%
  • Descente Strata Endurance

1 0.93%
  • Giordana FR Carbon Short

11 10.28%
  • Giordana Shape Short

0 0%
  • Gore Bikewear Power Short

2 1.87%
  • Gore Bikewear Xenon Short

0 0%
  • Louis Garneau Neo Power Short

5 4.67%
  • Louis Garneau Sensor Short

0 0%
  • Mt. Borah Knicker Cycing Skort

0 0%
  • Mt. Borah Baggy Short

0 0%
  • Pearl Izumi P.R.O. MicroSensor Short

8 7.48%
  • Pearl Izumi Sugar Short

1 0.93%
  • Shebeest SSS Short

13 12.15%
  • Shebeest S-Pro Short

2 1.87%
  • Shebeest Century Elite Short

3 2.80%
  • Shebeest Nirvana Short

1 0.93%
  • Sheila Moon Aphrodite Short

2 1.87%
  • Sugoi RS Short

9 8.41%
  • Sugoi RSE Short

2 1.87%
  • Sugoi Evolution Shorty

3 2.80%
  • Sugoi Evolution Short

3 2.80%
  • Terry T-Short

10 9.35%
  • Zoot Sports TRIfit Short

2 1.87%
  • other

26 24.30%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been wearing my Ibex knickers lately but it's starting to get a little warm for them. I never have liked the chamois in them and I'm getting close to ripping it out.

I think I'll love the new Smartwool knicks.

I like my thighs covered.

"Other"

Ground Effect shorts.

I like the thin chamois, and the shorts legs don't have gripper elastic.

Their shipping (from NZ) is surprisingly inexpensive and remarkably fast.

The Shebeest SSS shorts fit me perfectly and seem to have just the right of padding. I love them!

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

I like Jaggad Edge shorts. I wear the men's variety, which seem to fit me a bit better than the women's. The chamois on the women's is a bit odd-shaped.

I've also tried Netti shorts (crap) and Cannibal shorts (OK). Cannibal is a local (Australian) brand. Not sure about Netti.

Max

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Bleeker, I used to love the shorts you have, but after a couple of years, I found the chamois to be too thick for me and it started to bother me.
    Well we are all different I guess. I always liked that their chamois was denser and thinner, not puffy. Still my nicest shorts, nicest chamois for long rides, and no sausage effect on the thighs!

P.S. when i was searching for good shorts a couple of years ago, I actually ordered like 8 different brands to try out at home. I had to eliminate 6 of them right off the bat because of the ridiculously tight thigh elastics. What on earth is UP with that ????? They are not leg elastics...they are TOURNIQUETS! =8-( Why do we need tight elastic around the thickest part of our thighs anyway??

Same thing with jersey waist elastics...the elastic is too tight around my hips and immediately rides up above my belly button to where my narrower waist is...seeking The Path of Least Resistance. lol! Thus a section of my back gets exposed to the sun while riding...YUK!

I'm telling you, pear-shaped or 'female-hourglass-shaped' women totally lose out when it comes to biking clothes.
    We have hips! We have thighs! We have waists! We have booty! We have boobs! We're not adolescent boys! HEL-LO???? LOL!
    Last edited by BleeckerSt_Girl; 06-04-2010 at 08:32 AM.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    We have hips! We have thighs! We have waists! We have booty! We have boobs! We're not adolescent boys! HEL-LO???? LOL!
    Sing it, girlfriend! Seriously, everyone touts 36-24-36 as the "ideal," but for those of us who actually are shaped like that NOTHING fits right...not cycling clothes, not running clothes.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Sugoi Evolution, tied with my Primal Wear Prima shorts. I like the material of the Sugoi shorts, but I'd prefer a chamois halfway between the Sugoi shorts and the Primal ones. Mine have the red and orange chamois; I'd like to see how the green compares.
    I might have to try the PI shorts that zoom-zoom suggested, though...Now if only I could find a job to pay for said shorts...
    Last edited by Owlie; 06-04-2010 at 12:09 PM.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I have a pair of Sugoi liner shorts, bought separately, with the yellow and red chamois. They are unbelievably comfortable. I've accumulated quite a collection of liners, though, from other shorts/knickers I have bought to wear when doing errands or casual rides. The Terry liners are just so-so, but the Zoics are great.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Sing it, girlfriend! Seriously, everyone touts 36-24-36 as the "ideal," but for those of us who actually are shaped like that NOTHING fits right...not cycling clothes, not running clothes.
    Seriously.
    "I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." Susan B Anthony

Tie vote

Had a hard time deciding - 3 fave's are Sugoi RSE, Shebeese Century Elite & Gore Ozon. The chamois in all 3 are the best, & I have certainly tried a lot. The Gore is really comfy in the waist area w/ no elastic front, and the grippers have been improved by using silicone dots instead of a sealant band. The Shebeest was a huge surprise, it knocked me out. I have not been impressed with their shorts materials, finish work or chamois in the past. This short is highest quality in all regards, and the chamois is thick, dense & very soft (including the fluff thread someone was worried about, no discomfort for a super-sensitive front zone even 50-60+ mile rides). The Sugoi RSE finally got my vote, partly because I like that particular chamois so much, and partly because the fabric seems to stay drier even on a really hot, sweaty day (but come to think of it, the Shebeest seems to stay drier, too).

Tough call, but I will go with "Other" because for long (century plus) rides I'm also a big fan of the Assos shorts. This chamois gives me the fewest issues after a very long day in the saddle.

Coming in at a very close 2nd for me is the Castelli Truly Free. For whatever reason the compression panels in these just seem to keep the legs feeling fresh. In some ways I like this chamois better in that it is thinner but firmer, but I have to be a bit more liberal with the chamois butter to keep it comfy over a long ride whereas the Assos one doesn't seem to abrade my skin as much.