Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: What are your favorite cycling shorts?

Voters
107. This poll is closed
  • Castelli Vizio Due Short

0 0%
  • Castelli Irresistible Short

0 0%
  • Castelli Women's Truly Free Short

1 0.93%
  • Descente Bliss Short

2 1.87%
  • Descente Strata Endurance

1 0.93%
  • Giordana FR Carbon Short

11 10.28%
  • Giordana Shape Short

0 0%
  • Gore Bikewear Power Short

2 1.87%
  • Gore Bikewear Xenon Short

0 0%
  • Louis Garneau Neo Power Short

5 4.67%
  • Louis Garneau Sensor Short

0 0%
  • Mt. Borah Knicker Cycing Skort

0 0%
  • Mt. Borah Baggy Short

0 0%
  • Pearl Izumi P.R.O. MicroSensor Short

8 7.48%
  • Pearl Izumi Sugar Short

1 0.93%
  • Shebeest SSS Short

13 12.15%
  • Shebeest S-Pro Short

2 1.87%
  • Shebeest Century Elite Short

3 2.80%
  • Shebeest Nirvana Short

1 0.93%
  • Sheila Moon Aphrodite Short

2 1.87%
  • Sugoi RS Short

9 8.41%
  • Sugoi RSE Short

2 1.87%
  • Sugoi Evolution Shorty

3 2.80%
  • Sugoi Evolution Short

3 2.80%
  • Terry T-Short

10 9.35%
  • Zoot Sports TRIfit Short

2 1.87%
  • other

26 24.30%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What are your favorite shorts?

To disable ads, please log-in.

BIG OOPS!
    The swimsuit poll can be found here:
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=38331

Let us know about your favorite pair of cycling shorts. Use the poll comments to give us feedback about what you like or don't like and what you'd like to see our manufacturers feature or improve in future products.

I've compiled a list of choices to vote on based on the top selling shorts on our website. If you don't see your favorite in the list, please choose "other", and let us know about it in the comments section.

Castelli Vizio Due Short
    Castelli Irresistible Short
    Castelli Women's Truly Free Short
    Descente Bliss Short
    Descente Strata Endurance
    Giordana FR Carbon Short
    Giordana Shape Short
    Gore Bikewear Power Short
    Gore Bikewear Xenon Short
    Louis Garneau Neo Power Short
    Louis Garneau Sensor Short
    Louis Garneau Zone 3K
    Mt. Borah Knicker Cycing Skort
    Mt. Borah Baggy Short
    Pearl Izumi P.R.O. MicroSensor Short
    Pearl Izumi Sugar Short
    Shebeest SSS Short
    Shebeest S-Pro Short
    Shebeest Century Elite Short
    Shebeest Nirvana Short
    Sheila Moon Aphrodite Short
    Sugoi RS Short
    Sugoi Evolution Shorty
    Sugoi Evolution Short
    Sugoi RSE Short
    Terry T-Short
    Zoot Sports TRIfit Short
    Last edited by administrator; 06-23-2010 at 09:38 AM.
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Other:
    PI Symphony Cut Short
    ...6" inseam (2" shorter than the regular Symphony short), comfy/flattering stretchy flat panel in front, instead of binding elastic band, 1 small pocket on upper right butt cheek area.

I would LOVE it if PI put that front panel on some of their PRO-level shorts. I'd love to try that chamois, since the overall placement and shape of the PI chamois is a good fit for me, but I don't like the elastic band that goes all the way around on all of their PRO shorts and have 0 interest in bib shorts.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    PI PRO Microsensor, but they are sooo expensive. But I made the mistake of getting a pair of Descente shorts (cheaper ones, in the $60 range, which is still a lot of money in my book) and I'm pretty disappointed in them and won't buy them again. I'll just have to save up for PIs.

Right now, it's the Terry Bella shorts. I'm looking for some other options though, so I'll be curious to see what others prefer.

On a related note, I love that TE shows detailed pictures of each short's chamois. No other web site does this, and it makes it slightly less daunting to pick out new shorts...! What about adding some chamois measurements (length, width, thickness) to the descriptions?

Other -- Boure Elite.

I have wide sit bones and end up sitting on the edges of every other chamois I've tried(and I've tried a lot). The Boure has a wider chamois. Side benefit is that it also a nice, thin chamois and the shorts are high rise.

It is probably the only cycling clothing I don't purchase from TE....

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    I have no idea what model any of my shorts are.
    I suppose...if I knew it when I bought them...I have long since forgotten or cared about what they are.
    I do like my Descente shorts. I think they say "Strada" on them...but that doesn't seem to be one of your choices. I also have a pair of bib shorts from Exte Ondo. Again, couldn't tell you the model or style. They have a red panel on them.
    So...I guess I'll pick "other".

I really like my Zoot Ultra tri shorts and my De Soto capris. I really have grown to prefer a minimal chamois.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

+1 on the minimal chamois. For me, tri shorts are just too short to be comfortable when I'm only riding, but I really wish someone would put a tri-style chamois into full-length shorts. My #1 shorts right now are the Castelli Vizio Due and Provocante, each of which has pros and cons, but I'm still searching for perfect.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Other -- Boure Elite.

I have wide sit bones and end up sitting on the edges of every other chamois I've tried(and I've tried a lot). The Boure has a wider chamois. Side benefit is that it also a nice, thin chamois and the shorts are high rise.

It is probably the only cycling clothing I don't purchase from TE....
    Sorry 'bout the threadjack, but these are on my "seriously considering" list. Thorn, if it's not too much trouble, what are the chamois measurements (length and width)? Also, how high rise are these? I'm so short-waisted that it's not even funny.....

Many thanks!

My favorite so far - the PI Short Attack Shorts.

... in light of Becky's q, this seems a good place to reiterate what I asked before, that TE include chamois sizes on the website - overall length, width at the widest and narrowest points, and thickness zones.

I wouldn't care if it didn't happen all at once, and I understand how time-consuming it would be - but say, every time one of your peeps measured a chamois for someone who called on the phone, if they could record that data so it comes up with the model and size of the shorts when we look at them on the site?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    My favorite shorts are SheBeest Ultra-D (which i bought from TE of course).
    I guess they don't make this model anymore. Good thing I got two pairs at the time, and they're still going strong.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Other: UnderArmour Ultra Compression Short http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...rt/1001226-001

Either the 4 inch or the 7 inch inseam.

Now that I have a saddle that actually fits, I find chamois to be unnecessary and annoying. (even the little chamois in my Zoot tri shorts) UA are so cheap that I can have a week's worth on hand. They last forever, I have a pair that are several years old now and still doing fine (though they are a bit shabby looking and I only wear them under other clothes).

A TE'er mentioned using dandruff shampoo to deodorize the manmade fiber clothes, and I've found that to work great on my UA.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Giordana FR Carbon Short

I purchased these shorts (Giordana FR Carbon Short) via T.E and they are my faves-very comfy and a great length. However, they are starting to fade a tad due to the multiple washings and harsh aussie sun! I will definitely be buying another pair soon! Will T.E be getting them in any other colours/designs? As i have seen the same brand decorated with a pink breast cancer ribbon logo and pink stitching advertised on another site(sorry can't remember the site-maybe Wiggle?)& they looked fantastic!

Assos Bib Shorts. Also like the PI bib shorts w/the red chamois and EO's Sbaren Bibs.
    Last edited by Selkie; 06-02-2010 at 12:16 AM.