Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: What are your favorite cycling shorts?

Voters
107. This poll is closed
  • Castelli Vizio Due Short

0 0%
  • Castelli Irresistible Short

0 0%
  • Castelli Women's Truly Free Short

1 0.93%
  • Descente Bliss Short

2 1.87%
  • Descente Strata Endurance

1 0.93%
  • Giordana FR Carbon Short

11 10.28%
  • Giordana Shape Short

0 0%
  • Gore Bikewear Power Short

2 1.87%
  • Gore Bikewear Xenon Short

0 0%
  • Louis Garneau Neo Power Short

5 4.67%
  • Louis Garneau Sensor Short

0 0%
  • Mt. Borah Knicker Cycing Skort

0 0%
  • Mt. Borah Baggy Short

0 0%
  • Pearl Izumi P.R.O. MicroSensor Short

8 7.48%
  • Pearl Izumi Sugar Short

1 0.93%
  • Shebeest SSS Short

13 12.15%
  • Shebeest S-Pro Short

2 1.87%
  • Shebeest Century Elite Short

3 2.80%
  • Shebeest Nirvana Short

1 0.93%
  • Sheila Moon Aphrodite Short

2 1.87%
  • Sugoi RS Short

9 8.41%
  • Sugoi RSE Short

2 1.87%
  • Sugoi Evolution Shorty

3 2.80%
  • Sugoi Evolution Short

3 2.80%
  • Terry T-Short

10 9.35%
  • Zoot Sports TRIfit Short

2 1.87%
  • other

26 24.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    Sorry 'bout the threadjack, but these are on my "seriously considering" list. Thorn, if it's not too much trouble, what are the chamois measurements (length and width)? Also, how high rise are these? I'm so short-waisted that it's not even funny.....

Many thanks!
    Will do tonight (right now I'm at work). If you want it sooner, send them email. Boure is second only to TE in customer service.

I'm also rather tall and have these gigantic femurs. While most women seem to be screaming for shorter inseams, I yearn for longer inseams. So I sent mail to the guy at Boure to talk custom fit. Very pleasant. Timely turn around. Clearly I'm a groupie....can you tell?

Assos shorts and capri.

Other: Shorts by Canada's very own MEC (Mountain Equipment Coop). The model is the Rapide.

They are similar to Trashy Cat's 8-panel short, however I think the inseam is longer. The Lycra fabric is pretty thick, feels supportive and I think it would protected me better than, say, my Sugoi RS shorts, if I was to crash.

Super tough, too.

My favorite shorts are the Performance Women's Ultras. I like everything about them. The price isn't over the top either.

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&langId=-1&catalogId=10551&productId=1014392&cm_mmc=$(referrer)$-_-Clothing-_-PERFORMANCE-_-10-0634&CSE=GooglePS&mr:trackingCode=91549846-A681-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

I really like the Shebeest Century Elite shorts from a couple of years ago, but I will not consider buying them now with the current chamois. I just don't want any chamois that is not seamless -- stitches and seams are bad over long distances.

Fortunately I don't need new shorts anytime soon.

The SSS shorts are good too, but I like the elite ones better.

Oh, I forgot about these: Exte Ondo Very Short. (They have an 8" inseam, so they're not "very" short.)

Just dug out my hot weather gear, totally forgot about these. Chamois is wonderful, although it may be too narrow in the rear for a few (fine for me and my 155mm saddle though).

Size down a size from their sizing chart though. I fall smack in the middle of the measurement range for Large, and they were close enough to keep (besides, at the time I'd returned so many pairs of shorts that it was half out of politeness that I kept them ), but they're really too big for me. Next time I order a pair they'll be Medium, although most likely I'm smack on the line between Medium and Large, just as I'm smack on the line between Small and Medium in most US brands.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Oh, I forgot about these: Exte Ondo Very Short. (They have an 8" inseam, so they're not "very" short.)

They look very nice and that chamois might agree with me, but are they as see-through as the pic on TE makes them seem?

Sorry 'bout the threadjack, but these are on my "seriously considering" list. Thorn, if it's not too much trouble, what are the chamois measurements (length and width)? Also, how high rise are these? I'm so short-waisted that it's not even funny.....

Many thanks!
    7.5" x 10"

As for the rise, there is a nice picture that says it at http://www.boure.com/1650.html#specs

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    7.5" x 10"

As for the rise, there is a nice picture that says it at http://www.boure.com/1650.html#specs
    Thanks!!

Anything made by Assos.... Best.Company.Ever.
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

They look very nice and that chamois might agree with me, but are they as see-through as the pic on TE makes them seem?
    No one's complained to me.

Seriously, they are thin, but I think the part you're referring to is the panel that's just a thin inch or two on the sides of the thighs and across the top of the back. This is an open-weave vent, but the rise on these shorts is high, so the vent falls well above my sacrum. Nothing revealed there. The rest of the shorts is just regular fabric and I don't notice them being especially see-through.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    No one's complained to me.

Seriously, they are thin, but I think the part you're referring to is the panel that's just a thin inch or two on the sides of the thighs and across the top of the back. This is an open-weave vent, but the rise on these shorts is high, so the vent falls well above my sacrum. Nothing revealed there. The rest of the shorts is just regular fabric and I don't notice them being especially see-through.
    I think they would show off my cellulite and give me weird sunburn. Otherwise they sound pretty nice and that chamois looks like it would be thinner where I want it.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I have about 3 different types of shorts. My used-to-be favorites with my old steel bike aren't my fave anymore. They have a seam that cuts too far away from the pelvis and BUNCHES around my saddle. So, I have chafing on rides more than 20 miles. I have no-name ones which look crappy, but are actually great. They don't bunch and aren't "tailored" to fit ANY saddle and DO NOT bunch. The only thing I don't like is that they are TOO high inseamed and have leg-grippers. Ick. Hate those. Oh, and they are too long. My faves are Shebeest Nirvana's. They are lightly padded, but the chamois FITS my body properly. The material is great and they DO NOT have grippers! They are also shorter and lower cut. I only wish I could get the same short SANS leg grippers with more of a chamois, but it seems all of their pro models have those dang grippers!

I voted for the Shebeest S Pros, as I have come to love them. And they saved my azz on my tour, because they do well in the heat. But I also love the Terry Bellas for the high lycra content. I wish they were a bit shorter, but I still like them.
    I will be ordering more of the Shebeests soon.
    Bleeker, I used to love the shorts you have, but after a couple of years, I found the chamois to be too thick for me and it started to bother me.

Yup the thinner chamois feels so much better to me. I wish they made some with thinner chamois with legs that went longer down my thighs though. I also don't like the Descente shorts I have. There is a seam that runs right across my sit bones and irritates the heck out of me. It's not the seam for the chamois either. I have no idea why they did that. I wore them twice for about 5 min each and put them in a drawer. The rubber elastic at the thigh is way to tight too. Some of us have muscle there, ya know.

I love the Zoot shorts chamois. So much more comfy than wearing a diaper type of chamois.
    Last edited by Xrayted; 06-03-2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne