Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Criterium Racing

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anybody got suggestions for racing crits?

I did my first crit this year (3 all together in my short racing experience) and it was awful!

I raced in a Women's CAT 4 race....and held on for about 4 or 5 laps out of 19 laps. Not very good! What's frustrating is I'm riding with women that I normally can keep up with in a normal ride.

Does anyone have any training tips or racing tips on how I can stay with the group for an entire race?

Crit racing

Crits are all about surging and resting and surging and resting. Training with intervals teaches your body how to recover quickly. Also - technique is more important in a crit than in a TT or road race. Cornering is a skill that you need to learn and practice - taking the right line and carrying your speed through the corner - otherwise you are always "chasing back on" Also - your pack position is important - where are you during the race??? You want to be in the front 1/3 - further back is where the "slinky" effect is worse and you can get caught up in crashes. You may want to post this is the race results area - more people with race experience will see it there and can add their two cents. Hope this helps.
    "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet - only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved" - Helen Keller