Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

V.I.P. and other Giro vocabulary

To disable ads, please log-in.

From iamtedking of Cervelo Test Team...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/...abulary_118374

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    For several years, I did the Great Mass Getaway - a ride for the MS Society from Boston to Provincetown.
    Since I raised well over the minimum, I routinely had "VIP" status. Being a VIP meant nothing other than - one year - we got our own Porta-potties at rest stops, complete with a little rug out front and plastic flowers inside. We got to saunter up to the john, past the lines of cross-legged cyclists waiting in line with the rabble.
    Finally, one guy - seeing the empty john and the long line he was in, burst out, "VIP??? Yeah. It's Very Important I PEE!!" And he promptly went to the VIP john. And that started a rush. And that, I believe, was the end of the VIP P'ing.

(sorry - off topic...but reading this made me think of that for some reason!)

Taking this thread even further afield...this made me think of a train station in London where the pay toilets cost two pence. My travelling companions and I were reduced to giggles by the fact that one needed 2P to pee.

The whole thing was funny, not just the pee stuff.
    I think my son actually raced with Ted King as a junior.

I think it answers the question, "what do these guys think about when they're on the bike for hours and hours each day?"