Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Specialized Berry

To disable ads, please log-in.

Splurged and bought a brand-spankin' new Dolce Sport this afternoon. I just ADORE her!! She was a little more $$ than I wanted to spend, but DH reminded me the total was about the same amount of gift money we got for our anniversary. DH knew I was obsessed so he stowed the money away instead of going toward debt like we figured that money would. I feel a bit bad about this, but I'm so excited! The Dolce is extremely light compared to my comfort, and 0f course is so much faster. I didn't ride her hard since I was focused on keeping my balance, as it is a much different ride than my comfort. I did dump her once all ready though. I was getting off her after I took my 1st spin around the block and was ready to put her away (she's a lot lighter, read "less stationary, then my Raleigh). We fell very slowly and I blocked her from the ground- can't scratch her on my first day. Woops.
    Last edited by tharley; 05-21-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    ~ Tanis

Sweet! I love how the specialized top bars look curved. I'll have to try a Dolce if I ever get to go bike shopping again
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

'09 Trek WSD 2.1 with a Brooks B-68 saddle
    '11 Trek WSD Madone 5.2 with Brooks B-17

Congrats! New bike love!!! Have fun riding!
    "Things look different from the seat of a bike carrying a sleeping bag with a cold beer tucked inside." ~Jim Malusa
    2009 Trek 520-Brooks B-17 Special in Antique Brown
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker-Brooks B-17 Standard in Black
    1983 Fuji Espree Single Speed-Brooks B17 British Racing Green