Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Trip of a lifetime!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm planning to ride in New Zealand this October. It's a dream I've had for years, and I'm determined to make this dream a reality and ride through that beautiful country.

I'm going with a group of people from Portland - and all we need to get the group rates is for a minimum of 10 people to sign up.

Here's the main info: http://nzcycling2010.squarespace.com/
    Itinerary is here: http://nzcycling2010.squarespace.com/itinerary/

My plan is to skip the Single Speed World Championships in Rotorua and instead spend a few more days in Auckland, as I have friends there.

If you've been, and want to go back, what are you waiting for? Life's too short!

The deposit is due on May 30 so please please consider this trip!

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Looks like a great ride Although I'm not sure about the 'moderate' hills in the South Island

If you had a chance, the Central Otago Rail trail is a great off road ride from Clyde to Middlemarch, it's a fantastic ride.

Personally (probably because I lived in Auckland ) I'd have spend some dirt time in Rotorua as its the best -rather than Auckland. But you do have friends there, so you could always rent a bike and go to Woodhill Sands mountain bike park or if you prefer road, head out to south Auckland and cycle the coast from Whitford to Clevedon.

Enjoy !
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

hi,
    I won't likely be riding in Auckland as I'm visiting friends there. The time in Rotorua will be for watching the single speed world championships, which I'm planning to skip. This is a road cycling trip for me. My friend in Auckland told me about the Otago rail trail too, but the cycling part of this trip is already arranged.

So the "moderate hills" is an understatement, I take it?

I was hoping to find some more people interested in going, so if you know anyone, please send them the link for the information about the trip. Thanks!~