Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Zoot Compression Tights

In Susan's photo everyone is wearing those tights. Do you guys really think they aid in recovery. I know Zoot wants me to think they do.

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica; 05-10-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Yes.

I couldn't have gone from 0 to 10 miles in a few months without my calf sleeves most of all (because that was where the first and major pain was). I then invested in the active knickers and also wore them for recovery when I got a groin pull (non-run related).

Bill wears the calf sleeves on long distance drives to help circulation.

PS - the sizing by body measurements is spot on.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I have been using Skins recovery tights for about a year, and yes, I do think that they work. I wish I could wear them all of the time. I love them that much. I carry mine with me all of the time and use them after most of my runs and rides.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I have a couple friends who swear by them. I'm seriously thinking about them. I would love to have just thigh and knee sleeves, tho. I might check into the tights.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Yes.

I couldn't have gone from 0 to 10 miles in a few months without my calf sleeves most of all (because that was where the first and major pain was). I then invested in the active knickers and also wore them for recovery when I got a groin pull (non-run related).

Bill wears compression calf sleeves on long-distance drives to help circulation.

PS - the sizing by body measurements is spot on.
    Yes, I am also using a calf sleeve. I played football in my 20s, but over the past year or so, I had a shin fracture, which affected my football / running. I spent a week in pain after exercising. Putting on the calf sleeve changed this bad situation. When playing football, the calf felt very supportive. I didn't feel pain when I played.

Quote Originally Posted by eleeleanor View Post
    Yes, I am also using a calf sleeve. I played football in my 20s, but over the past year or so, I had a shin fracture, which affected my football / running. I spent a week in pain after exercising. Putting on the calf sleeve changed this bad situation. When playing football, the calf felt very supportive. I didn't feel pain when I played.
    Compression is the way to peace and harmony in the universe.

If I was a horse they'd shoot me (no horses were harmed in this post). Years of martial arts training left me with very torn up knees and joints. Compression tights are great. They not only make my gnarly joints feel held together but keep them warm. I'm finally starting to train again and find this very helpful. Makes me feel almost normal as far as movement.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    In Susan's photo everyone is wearing those tights. Do you guys really think they aid in recovery. I know Zoot wants me to think they do.

Veronica

They looked damn cool in person. Like they all had these weird amphibian legs or something. I have no idea if they work as I've never used them before but I too, am curious.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

The size chart is not made for me!

I have giant legs - 15.5 inch calf, 23.5 inch thigh and 28 inch waist.

Clearly my proportions are all wrong.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    The size chart is not made for me!

I have giant legs - 15.5 inch calf, 23.5 inch thigh and 28 inch waist.

Clearly my proportions are all wrong.

Veronica

You and me both. Less 15 more pounds, mine will match! )

The calf measurement surprised me. I knew they were big... but geez... At least on the calf it really is all muscle.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Have you tried buying tall boots? It sucks. Don't bother.

I'm tempted, too, but I'm worried that the waist would be too big (my thigh/calf measurement puts me in one size, but the waist measurement for that size is too big). Too bad these are unisex sizes.

I just got a pair of Futuro thigh-highs from the drugstore. They claim 18 mm hg compression.

These don't come in small sizes, is the main complaint. Still, I can get useful compression from the Medium (for reference, I'm on the small end of small in CW-X tights).

Futuro firm support pantyhose go to 20-30 mm hg, although again they don't come in small.

I don't think they're any less money than the ones sold specifically for athletic recovery, and they surely are ugly, but they're a lot more easily available.

I posted a couple of links a while back when someone else asked the question ... there's plenty of research showing that graduated compression is beneficial for recovery (and I think anyone here who uses them will verify that anecdotally). Usefulness during exertion is less well established, but I will swear that I can run a faster pace at the same effort in my CW-X tights than without compression.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 05-11-2010 at 02:48 AM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

If the measurements for the Zoots don't seem to work out, try the Skins. they are based on BMI, not specific measurements. It might fit better.

http://www.skinsusa.com/index.php/en/skins-fit-guides/

Thanks, SK. Good news --- my DH wants to buy me a pair as a belated Mother's Day gift from the goldens.