Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    ALSO, I haven't really mentioned this before, but on the RECOVERY tight, you will find the rise to be quite low. When you let it fall to where it wants to be naturally, it's VERY low.
    Yeah, they look pretty low rise in the photo and I was imagining having to hike them up periodically. Good to know.

How warm are they? Like would they be uncomfortable for sleeping?

I'm thinking about these today after a rough night's sleep due to leg issues after running last night. I've had the same problem after long bike rides, too. The tights looked relatively 'thick' last Saturday, so I don't know if they'll be too warm for sleeping (in the non-winter, of course).
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

It's always so hard to answer questions about temperatures, because we all run at such different levels. That said - several gals in the office wear them to sleep in. And I know many of our customers do the same. In truth, I've napped in mine (I do love me a mid-afternoon nap after a hard a.m. workout ), have slept in them most of a night (as for the time trials) but have never slept in them overnight entirely.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Does anyone have a sense on how long compression tights last before they lose their effect?

Also, anyone compare the 2XUs to the Zoots, and notice any differences worth noting?

Thanks!

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Yes.

I couldn't have gone from 0 to 10 miles in a few months without my calf sleeves most of all (because that was where the first and major pain was). I then invested in the active knickers and also wore them for recovery when I got a groin pull (non-run related).

Bill wears compression calf sleeves on long-distance drives to help circulation.

PS - the sizing by body measurements is spot on.
    Yes, I am also using a calf sleeve. I played football in my 20s, but over the past year or so, I had a shin fracture, which affected my football / running. I spent a week in pain after exercising. Putting on the calf sleeve changed this bad situation. When playing football, the calf felt very supportive. I didn't feel pain when I played.

Quote Originally Posted by eleeleanor View Post
    Yes, I am also using a calf sleeve. I played football in my 20s, but over the past year or so, I had a shin fracture, which affected my football / running. I spent a week in pain after exercising. Putting on the calf sleeve changed this bad situation. When playing football, the calf felt very supportive. I didn't feel pain when I played.
    Compression is the way to peace and harmony in the universe.

If I was a horse they'd shoot me (no horses were harmed in this post). Years of martial arts training left me with very torn up knees and joints. Compression tights are great. They not only make my gnarly joints feel held together but keep them warm. I'm finally starting to train again and find this very helpful. Makes me feel almost normal as far as movement.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/