Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

When do the 2011 models come out?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm looking at buying (LOVE) the 2010 Specialized Dolce Elite, but the price tag is a bit high for me. Does anyone know when the prices come down at LBS that sell only the "current" year? LBS said they "didn't know".
    Last edited by tharley; 05-09-2010 at 05:42 PM.
    ~ Tanis

From what I'm hearing, there are very likely not going to be discounts this year. The runs of bikes were short, and many shops are out of 2010 inventory. 2011's will likely be coming out late summer IIRC, but I think that depends on the year and manufacturer (and I don't specifically know for Specialized). FWIW, I've not really seen more than about a 10% discount, and that usually doesn't happen right away.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Dang it! I really loved the women's specific design and noticed all of the Specialized Elite models had handlebars with short reach/short drop and had the shifters under the break leavers (not the sides), which seemed to work very well for me. I am fairly tall @ 5'8", but men's bikes are too long, especially when reaching for the breaks/shifters. Anyone have ideas of comparable bikes cheaper than $1100? I have decided though it is not a main factor, I do like WSD drops. Also, what are the pros/cons of getting a road bike and road bike hybrid besides weight and tire widths?
    Last edited by tharley; 05-09-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    ~ Tanis

I can't answer the question on comparable bikes....but you might want to look at cross bikes *if* you can find something with a short enough top tube (on most cross bikes, the top tube runs a size longer than the frame measure would indicate).

Drop bars will give you more hand positions, and riding in a road position will generally be more efficient than riding an more upright hybrid. Cross bikes can be a nice compromise - the road "geometry" with the ability to take fat tires should you want to ride gravel, etc. I think the difference in shifter you're seeing (under the brake versus out to the side) may be amongst the different levels of shimano shifters - but it's hard to say for sure without more info.

It really depends on what you want the bike for - what are you riding goals? Trails? In town? Country roads? How far do you want to go, and do you want to get there in a hurry?
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by tharley View Post
    Dang it! I really loved the women's specific design and noticed all of the Specialized Elite models had handlebars with short reach/short drop and had the shifters under the break leavers (not the sides), which seemed to work very well for me. I am fairly tall @ 5'8", but men's bikes are too long, especially when reaching for the breaks/shifters. Anyone have ideas of comparable bikes cheaper than $1100? I have decided though it is not a main factor, I do like WSD drops. Also, what are the pros/cons of getting a road bike and road bike hybrid besides weight and tire widths?
    Try the Jamis Ventura Race Femme. It is about $1300, but comes with 105s. They do have two other versions of the ventura femme that are $600 and $800.
    Mary
    ~Strong and content, I travel the open road.~

http://www.the3day.org/goto/mary.aguirre

Specialized models *should" start arriving in the USA around late August/September. However they do only some models at a time (the larger runs tend to be released first, so the lower end bikes). Normally the high end bikes are about the last to arrive. They come out in a process until November.

Timings are affected by component availability, factory capacity, order quantities from around the world- hence the reason the bike shop hedges it's bets and probably won't tell you.

I do have to agree that the last two years 2009 and 2010 were short runs on bikes due to the recession.

I would look out for anyone selling secondhand as well- you woulldn't believe how many people go out and buy a quite an expensive bike and then only ridce it a few times OR get pregnant and decide they don't want to ride/could use the money for the baby.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    If I remember correctly, you just got a new bike, right? And you're having trouble balancing and getting going? I suggest getting more comfortable on the bike you have before upgrading to a nicer bike. Just my opinion.

Have you checked ebay?

Hi......,

Sorry I don't have any clear idea about this. Hope some one will help you.

I pre-ordered a 2011 Dolce Elite...and my LBS called today to say that it was ready for pickup.