Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question encinitas spint triathlon

To disable ads, please log-in.

This is my first triathlon next weekend...anyone else signed up out there? I'm not sure what to where? Have the wetsuit reservered but what do you where underneath the wetsuit and for the rest of the race? Help!!
    Many Blessings!
    Susan

Some people wear their bathing suit and then slip on bike shorts and a top. It's kind of difficult to ADD clothes when you're wet, though, especially bottoms or tight fitting tops. There are triathlon clothes made specifically to wear that fit close to the skin, shed water, and have a little bit of a chamois in them, they come in either one-piece or two-piece outfits. It is easy to put on a looser-fitting top over them in transition if you want a little more warmth and/or skin coverage.

Usually you can find tri clothes in triathlon-specific stores and in a lot of bike shops.

Good luck!!

Or tri apparel can also be found here :-)
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/product/...tsport_04.html
    Good luck on your first tri,
    Edna

Quote Originally Posted by evangundy View Post
    Or tri apparel can also be found here :-)
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/product/...tsport_04.html
    Good luck on your first tri,
    Edna
    Oops, of course. I should have mentioned it - I was thinking it might be late to order online, but of course the TE ladies would take care of you. They can also make GREAT recommendations about sizes and styles if you call them up and ask questions.

i "bonked" on the swim

Well, went to encinitas, CA last Sunday to complete my first tri and ended up very disappointed. I officially "bonked" on the swim and required lifeguard assist. Honestly, I have never practiced swimming in the ocean and realize now that this wasn't a very smart move. Not sure that having your first tri involving an ocean swim is that smart either (?) It's like I got in the cold ocean and I forgot how to swim!! I am proud that I shook off some of my disappointment and finished the race but was very sad that I didn't finish the swim. I have officially learned to respect the ocean !!! I am committed to returning next year and ROCKING this event!! When at first one does not suceed, TRI, TRI again!!
    Many Blessings!
    Susan

GREAT perspective. A LOT of people get hung up on the swim - a friend of mine describes her first as the gun went off and she just couldn't move. She knew she SHOULD be moving, but couldn't. The only way she got moving was that a really awesome volunteer took time out and personally coached her. I can only imagine what that would be like in the ocean! How intimidating.

The good news is you have a triathlete's attitude

I see you are in Rancho. The LA Tri series is close to you, in San Dimas, at Bonelli Park: http://www.trievents.com/

The next race is in June, that would give you time to jump in the lake up there. Good luck!