Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I'm Riding in a Parade

To disable ads, please log-in.

. . . and I need some fun ideas. My daughter and I are part of a group of 30 cyclists and we are encouraged to decorate our bikes and ourselves.

The Parade, is Spokane's annual Torchlight Parade. Also known as the Lilac Parade (Spokane is the Lilac City) and/or the Armed Forces Parade. It's your basic collection of local groups, high school bands, military from the local Air Force base and the newly crowned Lilac Princess. The parade is at night and winds through downtown with TV coverage and everything. It's a big deal in these here parts and the streets are always lined with people.

The group I'm riding with is, of course, promoting cycling, and their annual Spokesfest ride which is a newer organized ride that is geared toward encouraging new cyclists.

No longer the shrinking violet of my youth, I'm up for some serious fun. I have lots of lights including my Hokie Spokes to dazzle the crowds. My trusty BOB trailer could very easily come along and be involved in any decorations.

My idea pool seems to be dry, so I'm turning to the wacky women of TE. I have a week to pull everything together. So can you put on your thinking caps and help me? bikerHen

Naked?

I wouldn't even want to see that!

I've always loved that parade! When is it? I say go for a theme.
    Women are. Like tea bags; you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water~ Eleanor Roosevelt