Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

May/June weight loss challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

The quest for fitness continues for me. Does it continue for you? Then sign on up for the next 2 months challenge and we'll be in this thing together.

I may be getting a temporary new job in June where I could possibly ride my bike to it, or at least get home earlier and ride more. Fingers crossed that his will be the 2-month challenge where I make a serious dent in the weight I need to lose.

So let me know here if you are game for this next challenge. We will weigh in for week 1 on or around Friday May 7th. You can give me a goal or not, whatever works for you! This is all to help you guys, so no worries - however it works for you, it works for me too!
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I'm in this time. I need all the help I can get!

I'm up to (yikes) 149 lbs. Ultimate goal is 115-120, but for the 8 weeks, I'm going to set a goal of 12 lbs, which would put me at about 137.

I am in this time, it is so helpful to do this. My current goal is 135 pounds so let's make that my goal for this time. If I can just break (and stay under) that 143 barrier that I've been on for the last month!

However during that time I was working a LOT, now back to usual insane schedule and am planning on riding 3-4 days a week on top of my two spinning classes and 2 personal training appointments. If all of this doesn't get my weight down, then it certainly should be tightening what is there and adding/strengthening muscle and lose body fat at the same time.

I haven't been 135 in more years than I would care to admit - once there will need to consider what is best at that point

I kinda blew it on the current challenge. However, I want to keep at it. I'm 185 right now, but want to keep a goal of 180. 5 lbs... I can loose 5 lbs in 2 months, right?!
    ~ Tanis

Count me in. I have been stuck in a stall for a couple months now. I am getting smaller (I've lost pant sizes) but no weight. I am currently 146 with an ultimate goal of 120-125. My goal is to loose 8 lb in the next 8 weeks.

I also started the couch to 5K program last week, if anyone is interested in joining me. I am so not a runner, but I wanted something to do during the winter when I am not cycling.
    Last edited by abejita; 05-01-2010 at 04:54 PM.
    Mary
    ~Strong and content, I travel the open road.~

http://www.the3day.org/goto/mary.aguirre

Count me in again! Goal weight: 149

Thanks so much for keeping this going, Possegal. You rock!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Count me in. 172 this morning. Goal weight is still what it says on my drivers license, 135. I don't want to get pulled over and not have valid id.

Thanks for doing this! Like many I've focussed only on how I feel. perform on the bike and how my clothes fit. That got me from a size 20 relaxed fit with elastic waistband to size 12 jeans ... at the same weight . So that was all muscle, right? Now I think it's time to actually look at the weight as well.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Your right about body composition...it is a bit weird. I also went from 20 also to a size 6 now. I weigh 145. The last time I weighed 145, I was in a size 12!
    Mary
    ~Strong and content, I travel the open road.~

http://www.the3day.org/goto/mary.aguirre

Yep, it is funny. I'd rather be fat and fit any day than thin and out of shape.

The year I got down to size 12 the changes were dramatic. I was training for my 2nd AIDS Lifecycle ride. I'd struggled on my first. Coach Spazzdog suggested I add weight training and intervals to the mix (who knew you need that to ride for a week? Everyone). The inches melted off. I was buying new jeans as fast as I could donate the old ones. My weight stayed the same.

Now it's all for the knees, and health in general but especially my gimpy grumpy arthritic joints. In any shape or form they need the weight off.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'm in. I need accountability. I want to lose 10 lbs, to get down to 150 and stay there. I know I'm fit, but if I cut out the snacking and eating the boys' leftovers (I hate to see stuff go to waste!!!) I think it'll help. Time to start tracking my food/calories again on LoseIt on my iPhone.

I'm in! Current weight was (oof) 157 this morning. I'd like to get to 145.

I'm in! My goal this time is 163. I can't remember the last time I weighed that. In fact, if I get down to that, I'm sure I'll have to buy all new clothes (darn ).

I am in also. I would like to get to 145lbs but it is going to be tough I think. Thanks for starting the new challenge, Possegal!

Martina
    Czech Chicks Rule !

I'm in too... I broke my scale (accidentally kicked it and now it's cracked) so I have to get a new one by Friday. This is why I haven't weighed in the last week or so...

Goal for this series is 222.

Thanks Possegal, for all you do for us!
    Last edited by ASammy1; 05-03-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spell check
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Please add me in, starting at 142.8, with a new goal of 136. : )