Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: She-cycles

She-cycles

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just wanted people to know about a womens cycling exposition in my town(Marquette, MI). It will be my third year attending and the knowledge i have picked up has been amazing, It is the first and only women's only cycling exposition in the nation. I downhill bike and race xc but all the things i have learned are applicable to all types of riding, including road. She-cycles is a 3 day weekend filled with demos, clinics, wine, FREE gear and professional riders who teach us all of their little secrets. its about learining how to work on your bike, and make simple adjustments that make riding your bike more enjoyable. It's sweet and personally i have never met so many rad women! i just wanted to share b/c it's a life changing event that everyone should attend!! I think this is the latest link:

http://www.downwindsports.com/docume...ochure_003.pdf

check it out! and pass the word on- it's a wonderful movement that im proud to be apart of!

Thanks for posting this. Sounds like a great weekend. I have actually been to Downwind Sports, picking up last minute extras for a backpacking trip in the Porcupine Mountains. I love Marquette too...awesome place. Hope I can make the trip up there, I am about 8 hours south of Marquette.

Ya marquette is wonderful! Outside magazine ranked our area's singletrack trails top 10 in north america a couple years ago.

There were a handful of women that came up from downstate last year i was surprised there weren't more... maybe you can get a car pool going. i guess there are a some people flying in from colorado and california this year....its neat watching the word spread!