Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I GOT MY NEW BIKE!!!! Jamis Satellite Sport!

To disable ads, please log-in.

At the risk of starting what must be ANOTHER thread of "I got my new bike!", I'm too excited not to tell everyone!

I just picked it up, my Jamis Satellite Sport, and Brooks saddle, and OHHHH how wonderful! I can't believe how FAST it is, how LIGHT and responsive! This is a steel bike, and it feels and rides like heaven.

I thought for sure I would feel really uneasy and "wobbly" on a road bike, with those skinny tires, but amazingly, I feel absolutely solid on it...like it's a part of me. I had originally planned on NOT clipping in the first few rides, but I feel as though I'd easily be able to do it.

The Brooks saddle is AMAZING...my sit bones are right on it perfectly, although I keep sliding down the thing. Any advice on this? I think it's going to make my arms ache after a while...

Anyway, photos will come soon!!

Yay!!!! Can't wait to see your pictures. Congratulations on the new bike! I know exactly what you're talking about with the Brooks. Try tilting the saddle up just a teeny bit, and see if that helps. You might have to do a few adjustments like that, until you get it just right.

what Melissa said. Congrats, photos please?
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Oh how exciting!!! Can't wait to see the pics.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Yup, I am going to take it down to the shop tomorrow and have them tilt it up a bit. When I picked up the bike, I had them tilt it down a bit, anticipating that my girly bits would be squashed like always (hey, it's all I know!!). But they weren't...and I don't think they will be even if the saddle is tilted back up.

And yes...photos! My mother is coming down for a visit tomorrow, and I'm going to have her take some...I promise!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Congratulations- it sounds wonderful!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm so happy for you! And looking forward to seeing pictures. Ask the LBS to show you how to adjust the saddle, in case you need a few more adjustments.

Yeah!! Congrats on your new baby. Cannot wait to see pictures.
    ~ Annie ~

Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~James E. Starrs
    My fitness blog

Have got to see pictures...must see pictures

Congrats on the new bike. My LHT may have had more competition if I had been able to test out a Jamis Aurora I certainly do like what I have heard of Jamis though, and wish you lots of miles and love with the new bike and saddle!

Congrats! and PICTURES!

Congratulations!

Cograts on the new ride! Can't wait to see those pics.

When I first tried out my Brooks saddle I slid around so easily it startled me while riding. Made me kind of nervous at times. One thin coat of proofide and it took care of the problem. No sliding around anymore.

I put a thin coat on, let it sit overnight then gave it a nice buff in the morning. Oh, also coated the underside per instructions.

Four rides on it and I'm still dialing it in. Hoping this next one will do the trick.

Have fun!

Thumbs up

Congratulations on your new Satellite! I'm a big fan of steel in general and also a satisfied Jamis owner.

However, you surely must know we need photos...otherwise this didn't really happen.

(Nothing like nagging a new bike owner for photos when they'd rather be out enjoying their new ride...)

Congrats!!! Enjoy!!!

Oh gosh ladies, I'm GOING to get pictures, I swear! I haven't even been on here much...been RIDING as much as I can, I can't get off this fabulous bike! I never knew riding could be so much FUN!

Pics are coming, i promise!