Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

To disable ads, please log-in.

Good job, Winding! I know you have to be happy with that time. I was thinking about you yesterday. We took the bikes out for a 30 mile ride (felt wonderful by the way) and it was cold and blustery here too. I thought it might be the same for you.

I can't believe they start you off on the racetrack! The idea of running on the track is kinda cool but what a killer on your ankles! Where does the run end? (You be thankful it's at the start and not the end)

I'm thinking of signing up for Memphis in December. You interested? (It's a 4 hour longer drive for you)

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

BC - The Mini starts in downtown Indy but you hit the race track at about mile 7 which honestly is just plain evil! You know if I wasn't going to be living in Philadelphia by December I would be interested in the Memphis HM. I'm thinking about a nice one in Philly somewhere. I'd like to do one with some hills. I train on hills in the local park which had made me much better at that than I anticipated. Helps when you already have bike thighs, there's a reason those shorts wouldn't fit.

Great job, Winding!!

I was thinking of coming up to Indy for the race, but a friend of mine who lived there for years scared me off with her tale of her passing out from the heat out on the race track one year... Running in cold and windy conditions is tough, but at least you didn't have to deal with the heat this year!

Way to go Winding! If the wind in Indy anything like it was 200 miles east of you, YIKES.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Congrats, Winding! That's some serious improvement. Way to go.

For me, somewhere between 16 and 18 miles yesterday (GPS was measuring pace but decided to go on strike for distance) - switched up my ride and run because the weather was supposed to be better today. Probably a wise move. Yesterday was blustery on and off (would have been a cross wind too), raining on and off, hailing on and off, sunny on and off, thunder and lightning on and off, and wouldn't have been very nice on a bike. I feel pretty good today, ankles are a bit stiff (once again, the longest I've ran in the five fingers).

Ten for me today - I didn't really mean to run it at marathon pace, but that's what my legs wanted to do.

It's late to be experimenting, but I'm still trying to sort out how to get a little protein during the run. This morning I made up a small batch of besan dhokla, non-dairy and very lightly seasoned, and I wrapped a couple of squares in wax paper and brought them with me.

So ... it's still a little more than I really like to chew and swallow, but it worked reasonably well. I knew my stomach would be okay with besan, since I'd been okay with falafel as an immediate pre-run meal in the past. Still have to make a final decision. Also I'm not completely sure how I want to carry my nutrition... my SpiBelt tends to bounce when it's overly full. I'm almost thinking about wearing my hydration vest, but without the bladder. Or, I've been eyeing those heavy duty SpiBelts, maybe I'll grab one at the expo...

however I work it out ... seven days from right now I'll be sporting that finisher's medal. Bring it on!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler