Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am not a racer, I just like to bike fast like a racer...LOL My problem with jerseys, elastic please nooooo... it creeps up...why... because women have hips (I am skinny and still have some sort of hips). One of my fav. jersey is from Cannondale which has no elastic and fits great no flapping... that's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by meemsie View Post
    As for the lady who wants leg warmers that look like fishnets, have you seen the awesome ones made by Epix Gear? www.epixgear.com. They are great! Garters and fishnets, and there is also a cute striped pair that I need for next winter, too. I love function with a sense of humor!
    WHOA!

I LOVE those!
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I second the no elastic at the bottom statement. Twin Six has figured that out with their women's jerseys.

I have the boob issue as well. I should be wearing M/L but I'm stuck wearing XL or in a men's jersey I wear a L because of my 36c bra size. It's very aggravating shopping when something that would look cute looks trashy because you're cleavage is hanging out.

As far a cycling clothes go I just want something not super girly. I kind of can't praise Twin Six enough because they cater to that stylish, yet not uber girly clothing I like.

The chamois issue is something that cycling companies need to work on as well. There's nothing worse then going on a 50 mile ride and feeling like you're wearing a big sweaty chamois cream filled diaper. I know things seem to be progressing as more and more women are involved with the industry, but it could still use some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tand-Rand View Post
    BTW, if anyone knows of a chamois that meets my criterion, would you let me know? I am riding randonneurs so I spend many many hours in my saddle at once. I would love some relief. THANKS!
    I've never seen a cutout chamois. I prefer a pretty minimal chamois (but not tri chamois minimal!). For me, the pink Terry FlexAir works pretty well. Thinner than many that I've tried. I've also heard that Boure uses a thinner chamois in their shorts.

I've also heard that Boure uses a thinner chamois
    Boure's chamois is very thin (I ride the Elite). Nothing fancy. Just a thin layer to get rid of the sweat.

I'm particularly fond of it since I have wide sit-bones. Most women's chamois fit so that my sit bones are directly over the edge seams. Ouch. I either have to ride a tri-short so that I sit outside the chamois (fine, it isn't there to cushion, it is there to absorb sweat) or find a wide chamois.

I ride Boure for the width, the high rise (yes, Zen, it covers my iliac crest and I'm very high waisted), and because they'll make me a short with a longer inseam.

Shorts solved, I still have a hard time finding great fitting jerseys. The best yet has been SmartWool's cut, at least on the long-sleeved jersey sold last winter by TE.
    Last edited by Thorn; 05-27-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Just floating around the net and found this UK site

http://www.ananichoola.co.uk/index.html

I must admit their cycling jackets and capes are very hip and I love the idea of a chain wrap so you can wear your bike chain around your waist. The red garter trouser clips look stunning as well.

The really out there things is the spd high heels (wedges). Apparently they are talking to a shoe manufacturer to see if they can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by kamkam View Post
    Some questions I am posing:
    Is there a product that you wish existed for women who cycle?
    Not really, we have everything we need. I guess I belong to the minority - but I believe that the whole 'women-specific design' thing is a marketing hype. Find things that fit well and who cares whether they are labelled 'men' or 'women'. So, I buy cycling clothes and never look at the tag to see who they are made for. I guess most of my cycling kits are men kits made of bibs and jersey - they fit well and are tight so the wind does not bother me either, I'd say I'm quite happy with what is already available. Maybe I'm lucky enough that I fit on standard sizes and do not need anything special...

What specific changes could be made to existing products?
    None that I can think of - I'm happy with most kits I own.

What is your favorite brand and why?
    Nalini/MOA team kits are great quality and last forever, as well as Assos - they fit great and last for years and years.

What is the piece of cycling clothing that makes you feel the best and why?
    The Assos chronosuit Cs.Uno - the most comfortable and tight piece of clothing ever made.

Good luck with your project!
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes

Quote Originally Posted by TxDoc View Post
    Not really, we have everything we need. I guess I belong to the minority - but I believe that the whole 'women-specific design' thing is a marketing hype.
    Heh, tell that to my Ds that used to be DDDs. I wouldn't call that marketing hype, I would call that genetics--sports bras aren't hype, either. I would never pay $40+ for something no one sees if it didn't serve an important function.

I have a couple of "unisex" jerseys that I ended up with from the charity organization that my husband is involved with. They fit me horribly and have elastic at the bottom that rides up to my natural, well-defined waist. Were I built with a unisex shape these jerseys would fit me (and I do have female friends who can wear unisex/men's stuff, but they are not shaped at all like me and generally have broader shoulders, smaller boobs, and "fireplug" midsections), but I actually NEED stuff cut for a body that is very different from the body that unisex and men's stuff is cut for.

If the situation were reversed and everything were originally designed for women would men be calling it hype to have jerseys constructed with wider shoulders and larger sizes? Wouldn't they be looking for brake/shifter assemblies to fit their hands comfortably and wider handlebars? I don't think my 6'2", broad-shouldered husband would be comfortable with my 38cm handlebars. I don't think he'd be particularly fond of 6" inseam shorts, either, but I sure like them with my short legs.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I need jerseys that are cut to fit boobs, and even many of the "women's" jerseys aren't cut that way. (I like my jerseys snug, but not shrink-wrap tight). I think I have ONE jersey now that actually fits in all dimensions. In fact, I have a jersey that might be considered indecent if I went outside in it. Unisex jerseys don't fit me: There's too much extra fabric flapping around for my liking, and the elastic starts riding up if I wear one for more than 5 miles. No one needs to see that.
    BF's mom, on the other hand, can get away with wearing men's jerseys, and she wears them well. She's smaller than I am, but she's also less curvy.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I couldn't wear men's stuff, either. Heck, I can't even wear size small jerseys. Most of my jerseys are Terry, because they make all of their jerseys in x-small, no elastic, and they don't puff out over my small chest. I also like Voler jerseys, too. I like my jerseys tight.
    There are other jerseys that fit me, but not with the regularity that Terry and Voler do. I couldn't wear the small sized, women specific jersey from Primal that I got from the tour I went on. It was huge in the boob area. I gave it to someone who needed it instead of the M she had ordered. They are going to send me another one and I will have it altered, since I like the print, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    I need jerseys that are cut to fit boobs, and even many of the "women's" jerseys aren't cut that way. (I like my jerseys snug, but not shrink-wrap tight). I think I have ONE jersey now that actually fits in all dimensions. In fact, I have a jersey that might be considered indecent if I went outside in it. Unisex jerseys don't fit me....
    Owlie, it sounds like we have very similar closets! I have one jersey that I love to LOOK at, and it feels good on my skin, but it was NOT made with boobs in mind! I would be quite uncomfortable to wear it in public. I have had some luck with a Terry jersey (though not the one I wanted the most), and I have a Cannondale jersey as well that works for me, but I just cannot find another sleeveless jersey that seems to work - the opening for the arms are much too large - the better it fits my boobs the larger the opening seems to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    the opening for the arms are much too large - the better it fits my boobs the larger the opening seems to be...
    And when they fit my boobs they are too big everywhere else...shoulders, waist, length, armholes...
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

My Terry jersey has some features to it that I think is better than many others that I have seen. There are two pockets in the back - but they are shifted more to the sides and are larger than the pockets in my other jerseys. It makes it easier to reach the pockets - though I am not doing that while on the bike as of yet.

This is a sleeveless jersey with the mandarin collar going on - but the material resembles a mesh down the middle of the back, under the arms and over the shoulders (both front and back). This is of the same material as the rest of the jersey and it is NOT transparent but allows great ventilation. I typically prefer a razor-back for exercise related tops, but this works for me and I thought it good to mention as nice features.

It would be nice to have one zippered pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Thanks Catrin, maybe I'll try Terry!
    I still find the same problem, outside of this one jersey, that I have had with others - if it fits my boobs then the arm is too large... They do have a lovely jersey with dragonflies on it - I am hoping that I will be able to fit into it once I've lost a few more pounds - and that I can still find it at that time

When I get back in this afternoon I will see if I can find a picture of of the jersey somewhere - or just take a picture of mine so you can see it. It is a pretty pink
    Last edited by Catrin; 06-13-2010 at 05:27 AM.