Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    Oh no, it's posted here for God and everybody to see just how stupid I truly am.
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    I actually printed this thread and took it to my mechanic yesterday!
    Cool! Did you make sure that they saw slinke's original question? Hee-hee. It did start a good conversation.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Yeah, sure, yuk it up at my expense. I can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    Before I forget, do any of you NorCal ladies do the Healdsburg Harvest Century (my very favorite) or Foxy's Fall Century in Davis?
    Do a search on these because some of us have ridden them so I'm sure there are threads with some info.

BTW, Bubba has a cross bike set up for road using a mtn crankset. He runs 42/32/22 with a very narrow cassette in back, maybe a 25 which he swaps to a 30T hilly rides. It's all in the gear ratios.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

We're thinking of doing the Healdsburg Harvest Century, actually.

Wink

actually, I think he skipped right over Slinkedog's original question because he probably assumed I had asked it!

Slinkedog, definately do healdsburg! It is very beautiful; of course the trick is to get a massage afterwards then have a nice dinner! I am driving up for it! I talked my friend in OR into meeting me there - she's 68 so we're doing the 37 mile route (even though she can probably still leave me in the dust on the metric!). Now that I am back 'in the saddle', I will try to do that one every year. If my friend doesn't go, I'll bump up to the metric. If you go (this goes for everyone) we'd love to meet for dinner the night before or after the ride!

SadieKate, have you done Foxy's Fall Century? I was thinking of comin' up for that one too because my sister and nephew both live in Davis and my usual childcare issues would be covered! If you have done it; I'd love your opinion as I haven't found much about that one yet on the forums! (my sister goes back and forth between this house and one up at lake wildwood so I have to let her know quite a while in advance if I need her to be at a specific house for a visit! - must be nice )

Anyway, no worries Slinkedog - nobody even noticed

Trac'