Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: Type of milk that you drink the most often? (several times per wk.)

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whole / homogenized milk (3% or higher)

3 3.85%
  • Partially skimmed milk (2% or lower)

17 21.79%
  • Skim milk

24 30.77%
  • Soy milk

16 20.51%
  • Rice milk

1 1.28%
  • Almond milk

9 11.54%
  • Other milk types

7 8.97%
  • I don't drink any milk.

10 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

I drink 1% milk in my coffee and in my cereal. After long rides, I'll mix up a recovery drink of milk, chocolate ovaltine and whey powder in the magic bullet. Every once and again, I'll have a glass of milk when I'm feeling hungry and shouldn't raid snackland. It's a decent, healthy filler-upper.
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

I drink 1%, but I usually stick chai concentrate, cocoa powder or matcha powder and sugar in it. Not one for plain milk. (Or I microwave it with a little vanilla, almond extract and sugar. Tasty.) I do pour it over my cereal. If it's just me, I use 1% in my tea as well. If it's me and DBF, we use 2% in the tea--he drinks 2% exclusively and will go through a gallon in less than a week.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I love milk. Half and Half, cream, 1%, 2%,j chocolate, you name it, I love it. If I'm feeling naughty I'll add cream instead of milk to baking or cooking. My grandpa had dairy cows and I'd inhale the fresh milk and cream.

I have one small..err big problems though and it stops me from drinking milk. My brothers and dad would swig from the jug and it totally grossed me out. It's one thing to finish off the milk and another to just swig and put it back in the fridge.

When I had toddlers and we were literally starving it was "save the milk for the kids" and I never really touched it. Generally if I want milk, I go buy a small carton for myself now. My kids and DH don't swig so I'm not as leary but I still have that starving mentality of "save the milk for the kids" 15 years later.

I rarely drink milk. More often than not, it makes me sick. I do use it in my coffee, and I use skim.

When I started my weight loss journey I decided that I was going to eat foods that taste really good, but limit the quantity. However, I was cutting out most sugars and refined products, so sweets were out and also bread, except for very occasional treats. I began drinking whole milk. I drink a lot less of it than skim and it tastes 10 times better to me. Helps me stay with a low calorie program. Blueberries and whole milk with a stevia/plant based sugar substitute--my favorite breakfast.

My answer has changed since last year. Now we use nothing but raw, whole (~5-6%) goat's milk. We rarely drink it but it gets used in coffee or smoothies or in recipes.

No more skimming it, saving us a ton of time!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

GLC, I've been wondering: Does it taste like...well, goat? Goat and sheep's milk cheese (especially sheep) tend to carry a smell and flavor that is more reminiscent of the animal than cow's milk cheese. I wonder if it's present in the milk in a noticeable way, or the process of making cheese tends to magnify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    GLC, I've been wondering: Does it taste like...well, goat? Goat and sheep's milk cheese (especially sheep) tend to carry a smell and flavor that is more reminiscent of the animal than cow's milk cheese. I wonder if it's present in the milk in a noticeable way, or the process of making cheese tends to magnify it.
    It's not there at all in fresh, raw goat's milk if it is handled properly. You can even heat it without triggering it, if the milk is fresh. I didn't believe it until I tried it for the first time. I swear it totally tastes like super fresh, super rich, sweet, pure milk.

Actually, our new goat breed produces the BEST milk. So far, we've never had it go 'goaty' on us at all. The milk from our previous goat used to develop that smell/taste after about 8-10 days. This stuff doesn't seem to have that problem at all. I think it's the higher butter fat content, actually.

I don't like goat cheese at all, so trust me, I wouldn't be drinking it if there was even a hint of that flavor/smell!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Hm, interesting. Can I come over?

I like goat cheese, but only in small quantities. Any more than one or two crackers' worth, and the smell starts getting to me.

I drink 2% regular cows milk. I just love it. I'd drink a half a gallon a day but limit myself to a glass or two a day. I also love cheese of any kind. I also limit that.

I generally use 2% cow milk, but on occasion get whole.

I drink it (with cookies) or put it on cereal.

I also eat yogurt (Stoneyfield) to give my vitamins a landing pad in my tummy

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff